Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just recently noticed that when my truck is in 1st, 2nd, 5th, or reverse that the shifter centers itself like it is in neutral. Like if my truck is in first and I want to shift into second I have to pull it back over to get into second. Is there a way to fix this or is there a problem?

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,678 Posts
That's a new one on me ... :runaway:

If everything else about shifting is OK, I'm guessing something's worn out in your shifter-to-tranny linkage. I wouldn't be surprised if you found an obvious 'boo-boo' if you removed the shifter cover and looked underneath ... :thinking:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Enola Gaia said:
That's a new one on me ... :runaway:

If everything else about shifting is OK, I'm guessing something's worn out in your shifter-to-tranny linkage. I wouldn't be surprised if you found an obvious 'boo-boo' if you removed the shifter cover and looked underneath ... :thinking:
Yeah I don't know if it something that has been going on and I just noticed it or if it just happened. But seriously when I put it in second and let go of the shifter it moves over like it is in 4th. It does the same thing in all the other gears.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts