Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
i recently got a 5" monster tachometer and it is great it came with a shift light and it makes the inside of my truck look mean. but it really helps when you are racing or just off roading but i have to warn you go to a toyota dealership to get it installed cause i made the mistake of going to a speed shop and the messed with all my electronics and eventually my truck's electricval system got messed up. i got double my money back from them and got all my electronics fixed for free but nobody knows toyotas better than the dealer themselves and plus tacoma's ignition system is a little diffren than what most speedshops are used to. but definately get one they are sweeeeeet!
from NOS> to spice up the TACO....
sicerely H8RSTYLE

·
j-baby
3,644 Posts
i disagrre take the bad boy to a spead shop or call auto meter ,toyota dont know jack and directed me to my fuel system, retards i tell you! my 5 in and shift light took 6 hrs to install cause u need to find the exact hidden wire

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
what kind of shift light did you get?? Cause if it is from autometer and you only got the light without the RPM chip settings.. then you got the wrong one.. those are made for Autometers Tachs that have the adjustable settings on the TACH themselves.. Now Autometer makes shifts lights that are for stock TACH when not using Autometers TACHS.. they have different chip settings.. now if you are just wanting to put a bulb in your dash.. well then you have to get a device that will signal the light to go on.. NOS sells one and so does Autometer... 3 choices to connect.. underhood where tap into the distributer cap, ECU, or the tach it self...

·
Registered
282 Posts
I use a pivot shift lamp : )

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i am thinking about autometer. shift lite with a rpm pill. i know 95 tacoma have tach but you know when you are racing you want to focus on the road. B/coz i ordered my LC headers but not here yet. I ordered last friday 01-25-02. This ever happen you guys??? anyways thank for the info though. Wow this site is the boom alot of people/ tacoma/pick-up truck owner participating.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts