Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my truck came from the dealership with a crappy OBX shift knob. i asked them before i bought it to put the stock one back in but they wouldnt. well after a long hot louisiana summer the glue holding the top part finally gave up its hold. i took it in last week and the first thing they tried to do is not warrenty it because it wasnt factory. after arguing that i bought it from them this way they said they would get another shift knob like it and put it on. i told them i didnt really want another one but could they replace it with a stock one. the again told me they couldn't. well i went to parts and just buy the stock one but they wanted $125 for it. well i again settled for the cheap OBX one and set up an appointment for monday morning. well i got there for 9:00 am like we scheduled and they took the truck straight to the back to get started. at 10:00 am i walked to the service advisor and asked her why it was taking an hour to change a shift knob. she said they didnt know who to bill the warrenty to because they werent sure if the knob was installed at the factory or at the port. they had to get my saleperson from a year ago and his manager involved. at this point im getting restless and annoyed. the manager finally walks over to me and says that they are going to order the stock shift knob for me and that i will have to come back to get it put on. so i am happy im getting the stock one but i wasted 2 hours today for they political crap.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Re: shift know fell apart

damn all that for a shift knob. you bought a 24k truck thats the least they could do

·
Registered
49 Posts

Port is where they go to after leaving the factory, after port they are shipped all over the united states to their final destinations. Port is kinda where the paint cures, and the final inspection is done. All within the US. :clapping:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Gadget said:
...at the port?? How many of these US made trucks arrive in the US on a ship?

Gadget
i was just quoting what the service advisor said

·
Registered
530 Posts

I have the OBX shift knob too and the top of it started rattling about 2 months after I bought the truck. I finally got tired of it about a month ago.

I removed the OBX shifter and unscrewed the top (with the numbers in it). I took plumbing tape (the white stretchy kind to help prevent leaks) and wrapped it around the threads 3-4 times. Put everything back together super tight... and no more rattle.

·
Registered
14,486 Posts

K2_02 said:
I have the OBX shift knob too and the top of it started rattling about 2 months after I bought the truck. I finally got tired of it about a month ago.

I removed the OBX shifter and unscrewed the top (with the numbers in it). I took plumbing tape (the white stretchy kind to help prevent leaks) and wrapped it around the threads 3-4 times. Put everything back together super tight... and no more rattle.
called teflon tape and thats whats suposed to be done on install:waytogo:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
I love you Rachel Marie
3,360 Posts

I have the OBX shift knob and after we had a hot spell it started moving around.. I just took it apart and used some crazy glue on it.

·
Registered
103 Posts

Gadget said:
...at the port?? How many of these US made trucks arrive in the US on a ship?

Gadget
i beleive my truck arrived on a ship, they are assembled in Fremont Ca. and mine was delivered to jacksonville Fl. (southeast toyota) and then put on a truck and sent to the dealer. Also the port can install genuine toyota accesories, i had tint installed on my truck at the port.

·
StepSIde
3,295 Posts

Which stealership do you deal with?

·
Registered
530 Posts

MasterTech said:
like something from autozone
Yeah I disagree with this too... I actually like the way it looks and feels in my hand (keep jokes to yourself :lol:). I guess the true test though would be to get one of the hawties from Slamfest to hold it and see... :waytogo::loveeyes:

I will probably be trading it for a Momo shift knob at Christmas.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts

K2_02 said:
Yeah I disagree with this too... I actually like the way it looks and feels in my hand (keep jokes to yourself :lol:). I guess the true test though would be to get one of the hawties from Slamfest to hold it and see... :waytogo::loveeyes:

I will probably be trading it for a Momo shift knob at Christmas.
Which Momo knob are you interested in? I installed the "Race Air-leather" knob and love it. Feels good, doesn't heat up in the sun, and matches the interior. :waytogo:

·
Vendor
7,124 Posts

MasterTech said:
i beleive my truck arrived on a ship, they are assembled in Fremont Ca. and mine was delivered to jacksonville Fl. (southeast toyota) and then put on a truck and sent to the dealer. Also the port can install genuine toyota accesories, i had tint installed on my truck at the port.
I would think they are delivered by train. The real US made domestics are shipped around the US by train to regional DEPOT where they are prepped and then trucked to the different dealers.

SE Toyota is a whole other game. They are one of the three distributors in the US and they love loading Toyotas up with a bunch of stuff that expect you to pay top dollar for things that you may not want. They make way more money on this "port" installed stuff then they do on the base vehicles.

Gadget

1 - 18 of 18 Posts