Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this probably isn't the correct forum, but my retros are already aimed for an XR so that's why its here. I’m looking for someone in SoCal so that they can check out my setup and more importantly the PERFORMANCE, before committing whether or not to purchase them. Before you read on just know its going to cost $$$, but I firmly believe in you get what you pay for in life.

So here it is:

Night pics: (these pics don't do them enough justice)

So I guess I’m looking for $530 plus a head light swap. S2k projectors alone are worth $330-$360, so I think that is a fair price. If worse comes to worse, I’ll just take out the projectors, because I’m sure that I’ll want S2ks in my Honda Pilot (my new family car). If you are local to Irvine, CA 92612 send me a PM I’ll give you a ride and you can check it out yourself.

***NOTE:

- That price does not include a wiring harness, D2S bulbs and ballasts which you will need
(if you want my 6 months used setup I might be able to work out a deal)
- Your current Plug and Play HID kit will not work in this setup
- S2ks are only low beam
- Any questions feel free to ask

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
So why aren't you going to sell the bulbs and ballasts? Doing another retro? Sucks because most people aren't going to understand why anyone would pay so much for a retro. They don't realize it's THE best light output possible. I'm doing my retro right now with a set of TL's. I'm paying ALOT more than this for my retro, it's a good deal. Bump for you
:clapping:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'll give you my x (girlfriend) for the weekend:waytogo:
Other than that i'd have to prostitute myself for the $$$:meemee:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bazzy said:
So why aren't you going to sell the bulbs and ballasts? Doing another retro? Sucks because most people aren't going to understand why anyone would pay so much for a retro. They don't realize it's THE best light output possible. I'm doing my retro right now with a set of TL's. I'm paying ALOT more than this for my retro, it's a good deal. Bump for you
:clapping:
It's because I am going to use S2ks on my new car / any car that I'll ever own and I don't want to eat the 6 months usage, when I am going to buy the same setup again. I basically don't want to have to open up the housing and take out the projectors, when I can pass it on to a fellow CT member.

BUT I'm not trying to get raped either.

·
www.LiquidAss.com
3,345 Posts
I call dibs, for now. I am the first one who is seriously interested w/ the cash. I'd have to paypal the moeny and ship the housings across the country though.

$530 for the whole package w/o bulbs and ballasts?

I am interested and I do have the money.

I would like a high beam, but I am guessing that is dictated by the projector itself and not the bulbs and ballasts?

Can someone PLEASE photoshop these on a blue XR?

·
Registered
425 Posts
i bid $531

·
il padrino
5,165 Posts
Paint the rest of the housing black and it'll look nice.

·
Premium Member
11,863 Posts
wow, he is sell preretroed lights, it will i repeat will work with kit ballasts all u need are the amp connectors and bulbs, i also push the issue you will need a wiring harness for safty issues.

if u dont like how they look paint the bezel it is easy. hell the abs plastic he used as a filler is even paintable if u want it color matched.

i still like the blacked out look i did on the 06.

·
Registered
324 Posts
ill vouch for this guy...the TL set he posted earlier was the set he made for me..i only have 1 pic of it installed...sorry about the poor quality pic

·
Registered
19 Posts
eyevan said:
It's because I am going to use S2ks on my new car / any car that I'll ever own and I don't want to eat the 6 months usage, when I am going to buy the same setup again. I basically don't want to have to open up the housing and take out the projectors, when I can pass it on to a fellow CT member.

BUT I'm not trying to get raped either.[/quote

I am in San Bernardino; like to see the set-up you have for sale!:waytogo:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts