Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what I should do with my 02 Tacoma. I am wanting to sell it, but not sure if I should keep the S/C on it,or try to sell the S/C seperately. Im afraid it may be a turn off for some people, especially with the gas prices the way they are. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
if you have a 3rz i will buy it off you ... im in tampa too!

let me know :waytogo:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My taco has the 3.4 V6. I'm hoping if there is someone in the Tampa area that would want to buy it we could do a swap from truck to truck. As far as price goes im not really sure on how much I should sell it for. I installed it on my truck when it had 20,000. and I now have 96,000. Im sure that the nose would have to be rebuilt sometime soon. I guess i'll have to do some research and see how much they have been going for.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
damn ... i figured it was too good to be true ...

post up on craigslist that you want a swap + cash ... there are a ton of tacomas/4runners/tundras in our area :waytogo:

good luck

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,302 Posts
I'd say it has a lot to do with how many supercharger-related modifications you've done to the Taco. Just the S/C? More accessories (fuel management? gauges? pulleys? whatever? ...).

If you can swap out back to 'stock', I'd recommend selling the truck and the supercharger stuff (set; kit; everything) separately.

There are people who'd want the S/C who don't need or want your truck. Conversely, there are people who'd think twice about buying your truck with the S/C on it. Some people (myself included ...) tend to get suspicious about what kind of 'life' a vehicle with significant engine mods (like boost) has had ...

Another thing to consider ... Right now gas mileage is the main thing everyone's worrying about. A supercharged vehicle is gonna be seen as less attractive than a stock one on mpg grounds (rightly or not ...).

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
I agree with Enola, I personally would not buy a used boosted truck whether its turbo or sc.

91 octane vs. 87 octane :funnyup:

Plus you can sell the sc on the side and sell the truck as "stock" and get top dollar!

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.