Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a very sad day. I was walking out the Wal-Mart parking lot and saw that I had a scratch on my door. It had to be that stupid Ford truck I parked next to. I know better not to park next to big trucks but the parking space was in the very front... :brickknoc Has anyone tried any touch-up paint pen yet and where did you guys buy it from? I was thinking about buying the $10 pen from a toyota dealership. Any opinions?

-Paul

·
Registered
967 Posts
My dealer gave me touch up paint for free. The paint match was perfect with my Black Sand Pearl. The parts guy said that it was free from Toyota, but I think that most dealerships still try to charge for it. Just give them your paint code, or the VIN number.

Here's some good info on applying paint, wetsanding, and polishing.

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/articles.php?articleId=27

I

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
i got the 2 in 1 from advance auto. it seems to work well, it matches well, i just need to work on it a little more, i had to load soemthing the other day into my truck, and i scratched the area right under the bed with the ramps cause i have no tailgate:brickknoc the hardest part is getting it good and even. i think it was like 5 dollars for a thing of the paint, and its about the same for clear, but i didnt buy clear, and it looks fine to me. just make it as even as possible...

·
StepSIde
3,295 Posts
pdmech73 said:
It's a very sad day. I was walking out the Wal-Mart parking lot and saw that I had a scratch on my door. It had to be that stupid Ford truck I parked next to. I know better not to park next to big trucks but the parking space was in the very front... :brickknoc Has anyone tried any touch-up paint pen yet and where did you guys buy it from? I was thinking about buying the $10 pen from a toyota dealership. Any opinions?

-Paul
Did you key his up or kick the shlt out of his? I watched as a stupid azz lady unloaded some shlt at Chili's a couple of months ago. I always park far and alone, but my truck was nice and clean so I guess she had to park by it. Anyway she just opens her door and lets it slam into mine. I got out and came around to inspect before she had time to get away. She didn't say I'm sorry excuse me or another; just kept going like nothing happened. So I leaned over like to get something out of the bed and just kicked it with my heal as hard as I could. Then reached in my pockets and pulled my keys out and proceeded to perform a walk by. Stupid people deserve what they get for being stupid.
P.S. Toyota has the best touch up paint and match, just kinda pricy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts