Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone running Saw's 2.0, has anyone had any major problems with them? Mechanical or what not. How do you like the ride on road like city and highway driving. And how do they handle offroad?. If you could go back would you have spent the extra money and went with the Donahoes? will I get a different ride from each if the truck is a std cab with no bumper or winch on it.Is it really worth spending $300 more to get the Hoes?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I've had mine for about 10,000 miles and no problems at all. They were simple to install and they work great for the type of offroading (mainly backcountry) driving I do, way better than stock. On the road they're a little stiffer than stock. I've never had Donahoes so I can't compare, but the SAWs work great for me.

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
For anyone running Saw's 2.0, has anyone had any major problems with them?
-no

Mechanical or what not. How do you like the ride on road like city and highway driving. And how do they handle offroad?
-i haven't had any problems for 2 years+. i took them to get charged and my friends bike shop and i didn't have to get anything rebuilt! so, imo... they're pretty good!

If you could go back would you have spent the extra money and went with the Donahoes?
-no

will I get a different ride from each if the truck is a std cab with no bumper or winch on it.Is it really worth spending $300 more to get the Hoes?
-if you're not going to put on a lift kit, then... i'd spend the extra 3 bills for hoes!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just want the best of both world's, kick ass on the street and kick ass on the dirt. MY main concern is how the ride is going to be since my truck is just a reg cab. I keep reading that with the Saw's on a reg cab the ride will be to stiff. I also read that the DR's handle way better then Saw's at slow speeds, since my truck is a DD I want a (smooth) ride on the road. But $300 is alot of extra cash to spend. Help thats why I'am here!

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Yota420 said:
I just want the best of both world's, kick ass on the street and kick ass on the dirt. MY main concern is how the ride is going to be since my truck is just a reg cab. I keep reading that with the Saw's on a reg cab the ride will be to stiff. I also read that the DR's handle way better then Saw's at slow speeds, since my truck is a DD I want a (smooth) ride on the road. But $300 is alot of extra cash to spend. Help thats why I'am here!
gee, i don't have a regular cab... :shrug:

imo, if you're worried about not having a smooth ride... i wouldn't modify the suspension!

in my previous reply... i would go with donahoes if that's the only thing i'm going to put on!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts