Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rear ended by a Dodge RAM 1500 and pushed into an F150 FX4. It was a 2002 S-Runner, Sport Package, Step-Side. Quick question, did Toyota offer leather seats? This one has leather seats, jump seats and door card inserts. Also has S-Runner etched in the lower part of the door windows and the Toyota emblem etched in the extra cab windows, was that standard? And all glass was factory tinted.

Attachments

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,774 Posts
Welcome to CT!

Damn ...

Another rare SR bites the dust - even more rare than most because of the StepSide bed. :rolleyes:

It's been a long time since anyone posted about getting attacked by the Taco Curse (getting rear-ended, which seems to be a curse with older Tacomas).

Are you OK? That's the most important thing.

As to your questions ...

No - Toyota did not offer any factory leather seats option on SR's. The leather trim you mention was added after the factory. It might have been done at the dealership as a dealer option or accessory item.

I don't see the door window etching you mentioned. Any 'S-Runner' name etched into the door windows is not factory. No 2001-2004 Taco came from the factory with a model name etched into the glass.

If I see what I think I'm seeing in the photos - small Toyota emblems etched into the lower center area of the XtraCab quarter windows ... No, those are definitely not factory either.

Factory tinted glass was standard.

'Sport Package' was the factory designation for the accessory / trim package specific to an S-Runner. It wasn't a separate package added to an SR. In other words, a 2001 or 2002 SR had a factory 'Sport Package' by definition.

I'm sorry for your loss.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,774 Posts
Thanks for the additional photos ...

Yeah - the S-Runner stripe and the Toyota logo were custom additions done sometime after purchase in the aftermarket.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any chance you plan to sell parts off of it ?
I could use the door emblems mine are missing completely and you can see the outline where they use to be.

And a few other parts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'd also be interested in parts if you still have the truck and plan to part it out - Looking for the ECU and a few other items.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,774 Posts
I know this is an old thread but since I have not been here in years it is new to me. Your comment surprised me is stepside rare?
Yes. StepSide Tacos were available for only a short period. They weren't particularly popular, and they were discontinued.

The StepSide bed was a factory option, and only a few early S-Runners were equipped with them before the StepSide option was discontinued.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts