1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
slow poke
3,098 Posts
I noticed the same thing a little while ago. :(

·
Registered
231 Posts
From what I understand I don't believe the production version ever happened. I know Stop Tech was the vendor and they got as far as a prototype fitting, but that's the last I heard of it. There is no other off-the shelf kit that exists, and unfortunately by now there's not much market demand for it so I doubt you'll ever see one.

I looked into adapting some Supra Turbo parts I have laying around but wasn't happy with the wheel clearance (caliper vs. wheel spokes.)

·
Registered
246 Posts
test driver said:
From what I understand I don't believe the production version ever happened. I know Stop Tech was the vendor and they got as far as a prototype fitting, but that's the last I heard of it. There is no other off-the shelf kit that exists, and unfortunately by now there's not much market demand for it so I doubt you'll ever see one.

I looked into adapting some Supra Turbo parts I have laying around but wasn't happy with the wheel clearance (caliper vs. wheel spokes.)
TRD can only sell the X-runner kits.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I've got a set of 14" rotors with Willwood calipers front & rear on my S-Runner.:waytogo: Who needs BBK?:lol:

·
[]D [] []D
22,705 Posts
So why do you guys need to go through URD?

Call Stop Tech directly. They make them, they can sell them for your application.

Who wants to pay at a minimum of $500 over the cost just for the calipers to say TRD on them.

The StopTech logo looks badass on the calipers if you ask me. I'm biased cuz I have them though :lol:

·
Registered
699 Posts
reason said:
Yea that's them! Awesome brakes, I've had them a year and am still afraid to use their full potential. Once I stopped so fast my glasses came off my face!!:headbang: I am afraid the guy behind me will plow into me so I'll hit them to scrub off some speed, then swerve into another lane if it's a serious deal.:bow:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Please tell me that we can still get "Wildwood" on the calipers of a custom job? I feel "Precision Brakes" is just not as cool ;)

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
It says park brake for drum for the rear kit, isn't that contradictory of a rear disc conversion? :shrug: Basically, do the discs in back have a park brake? Anybody have the front and rear kits together?

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
yes they do have a park link... SOSperformance has a kit that will make the rear disks lock when ou pull the parking brake!

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
800 for the rear kit 11.5in rear disk one piston... and I'll have them in Jan! of course I'm not paying that price- but that's how much you'll pay for them, and trust me- that's very cheap for a conversion kit!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Nice, yeah, I don't wanna put big discs in front without having the rear done first, better to have greater equalization, ya know? I have had my fair share of free and discounted stuff for my truck and the services done to it, so I wouldn't mind payin a decent penny for a good system that fits right.:waytogo:

·
[]D [] []D
22,705 Posts
SOS charges rediculous prices... They want $450 to drop a Tundra 1.5/3 :rolleyes:

I can't imagine what they'll gouge you for on the brakes

1 - 20 of 20 Posts