Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
NOTE: Originally posted in S-Runner Talk under the title "s-runner vs Diesel Excursion with the bully dog kit and exhaust" - Enola

Well i know i don't have a s-runner and all but we do share the same power plant, you see all my mods. A friend of mine has this Excursion diesel with the dully-dog kit intake and exhaust lifted 6 inches rollin on 22x12 wrapped by 35/14/22 Mikey Thompsons mud tires with stock gears. He is known all around town that his truck is so fast but he will not race me in my Supra :lol: , we raced a month ago in my taco after i installed my full URD kit but Brian @ URD sent me the wrong FTC box!!!:brickknoc so i just drove it for a while on the stock ecu with the 2.1 pulley. It was time race that weekend and every one that i knew in this town was out to see, so i get him on the jump but that BIG Excursion just started to smoke and he blew my doors off ! :cry: and every one at work gives me a hard time about that cuz i am such a TOYOTA man but soon i will have the correct FTC box and hopefully a good tune, do you guys think i can take him then?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Re: s-runner vs Diesel Excursion with the bully dog kit and exhaust

Let me line up against that excursion :evil:

·
Flying Low
3,510 Posts

h2oplaydamian said:
Well i know i don't have a s-runner and all but we do share the same power plant, you see all my mods. A friend of mine has this Excursion diesel with the dully-dog kit intake and exhaust lifted 6 inches rollin on 22x12 wrapped by 35/14/22 Mikey Thompsons mud tires with stock gears. He is known all around town that his truck is so fast but he will not race me in my Supra :lol: , we raced a month ago in my taco after i installed my full URD kit but Brian @ URD sent me the wrong FTC box!!!:brickknoc so i just drove it for a while on the stock ecu with the 2.1 pulley. It was time race that weekend and every one that i knew in this town was out to see, so i get him on the jump but that BIG Excursion just started to smoke and he blew my doors off ! :cry: and every one at work gives me a hard time about that cuz i am such a TOYOTA man but soon i will have the correct FTC box and hopefully a good tune, do you guys think i can take him then?
sorry if I'm slow.... but I'm just not understanding... you posted this in the S-Runner section and the title of the thread says S-Runner vs etc, however your profile says you have a special edition doublecab. are you mistaking your doublecab for a S-Runner or am I retarded????

-ComaJoe

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

ComaJoe said:
sorry if I'm slow.... but I'm just not understanding... you posted this in the S-Runner section and the title of the thread says S-Runner vs etc, however your profile says you have a special edition doublecab. are you mistaking your doublecab for a S-Runner or am I retarded????

-ComaJoe
Well i am sorry Comajoe but all the others sections would just look over this and maby the S-runner part would get all the performance minded S-runner crowd < that mostly know the 2wd drive taco .

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Chris D. said:
how bad did he smoke and smoke you?
The truck started to blow black smoke out the exhaust and jumped like 15 car lengths.

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts

SO you didn't stand a chance, eh? unless you get like 100rwhp from the FTC install- then no!

·
slow poke
3,098 Posts

ComaJoe said:

-ComaJoe
Thanks for making me laugh to the point of tears, Joe! :funnyup:

·
Registered
824 Posts

h2oplaydamian said:
Well i am sorry Comajoe but all the others sections would just look over this and maby the S-runner part would get all the performance minded S-runner crowd < that mostly know the 2wd drive taco .
In case you havent noticed the S-runner section is unfortunately probably the least active on this site. If you want more people to see this you should post it in street talk. It will get looked over here more than any other section.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts

Let me get my turbo on and I'll race him..........;)
I'll even put a little money on it..........:D

·
Flying Low
3,510 Posts

h2oplaydamian said:
no need to be sorry. I just didn't quite understand... heh ;) :waytogo:

-ComaJoe

·
Registered
2,115 Posts

trdtoy said:
Let me get my turbo on and I'll race him..........;)
I'll even put a little money on it..........:D
I take it you don't mind losing a little money then?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Not that worried about loosing because if it was fast enough to beat me then it would be the fastest one in the world.....literally!:waytogo: I've been told that I should run low 8's all day long in the 1/8th and possibly in the high 7's! :jawdrop: How much money would you have to put into an excursion to make it run those times?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
trdtoy said:
Not that worried about loosing because if it was fast enough to beat me then it would be the fastest one in the world.....literally!:waytogo: I've been told that I should run low 8's all day long in the 1/8th and possibly in the high 7's! :jawdrop: How much money would you have to put into an excursion to make it run those times?
you sound like the type of guy i want to tune my truck. whats you zip cus when i get the ftc box back maby i can ride over and you can put you skills to work on the laptop.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I'm in Mt. Pleasant, NC. Ya I can help you tune it if you want.:waytogo: I'll be tuning my buddys truck next week that we put my s/c and the urd fuel kit on. After I put a decent tune in his truck the clutch went out.:shrug: He is getting a new ACT 6 puck clutch in it b4 we tune it again then we will hit the dyno.....:D His is a 2000, 4x4, ex-cab, 5 speed, with the 5vz motor.

·
Registered
824 Posts
trdtoy said:
If that excursion is jumping 15 cars instantly.. turbo taco or not, you still dont stand a chance, you'll never make the same amount of torque he does. All that torque + 4wd = a bad raping for challenger, hell rape you off the line and never look back.

There will be plenty of diesel excursions out there that will still hand your a$$ to you, low 8's / High 7's are about mid-high 12's in the 1/4....and there are plenty of diesel excursions that are a good bit faster than that.... and they arent the fastest ones in the world. :shrug:

Ive heard of diesel excursions spanking the hell out of 150 shot, bolt on, LS1 T/A's, and we all know how well LS1's respond to nitrous.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Tirefryer said:
If that excursion is jumping 15 cars instantly.. turbo taco or not, you still dont stand a chance, you'll never make the same amount of torque he does. All that torque + 4wd = a bad raping for challenger, hell rape you off the line and never look back.

There will be plenty of diesel excursions out there that will still hand your a$$ to you, low 8's / High 7's are about mid-high 12's in the 1/4....and there are plenty of diesel excursions that are a good bit faster than that.... and they aren't the fastest ones in the world. :shrug:

Ive heard of diesel excursions spanking the hell out of 150 shot, bolt on, LS1 T/A's, and we all know how well LS1's respond to nitrous.
ya-- but he wont race my supra not Evan for fun, he says it not fare! trucks against trucks I have gota to win this race ! it is my ego ! i am gonna go with a 75 or 100 shot, maby h20 and a good tune from Trdtoy. that excursion is mostly stock, just a bully dog kit and exhaust plus he is runnin 35x14 inch tires with 22x12 wheels and a 6 inch lift.If i have to spend my next 3 paychecks on my taco and live off ramen noodles I WILL just to beet this thing

1 - 20 of 45 Posts