Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, just got home from LACR. DX-r was there, and tjs taco. the night went pretty good. as you all know, LACR is very slow tracks- one of the slowest track in the country (read that on a test from my350z.com) anyways, for the results. i ran a lot of nice cars. gary (dxr), last gen camaro SS's, EVO's, new stang gt's and the 04 body style, 350z's, chevy SS truck, a bunch of stuff. didnt loose a race all night :D. there was a group of new stang gt's, who ranged from 14.6-15.3. the last gen was running consistant 15.7's. the camaro (full bolt on from what he said) and a z28 were running 14.7-14.9. chevy truck, best of the night was a 15.7. a tundra was out there too, 16.7. dxr ran a best of 14.7 ( i think) and my buddy with the 350z ran a best of 14.9. (full carbon fiber intake, plenum spacer, hks exhaust no cats, and 275 tires). the evo i beat was an 8, and had a stage one kit on it. his best of the night was a 14.7. there was a white evo running high 13's, i did not get a chance to talk to him. anyways best of the night for the XR was a 14.5 @ 98 mph. the time seems slow, but i RAPED a bunch of cars. i even got my own fan club who would cheer every time i would pass the grandstands. one dude even walked to my truck and was freaking out i beat his buddies modded up evo. tjtaco ran a best of a 16.2 (that i saw) but he said he had to bring the boost down to 10 psi so his clutch would hold. all in all, not the greatest times, but i sure am satisfied right now. maximum boost was 7.2 psi, the elevation must have done it?

also, everyone was having traction problems. my best run was a 2.3 60', and my 1/8 mile was 9.8. thats worse than i have done stock! when i go into third gear, the truck pulls nasty and made up all the time tho. best trap of the night was a 99.6, and that was with a 2.77 60'. whoops. for ****s and giggles, i used the et calculator they have to calc sea level.

it came out to this.
14.0 @ 102 mph. everyone will say this if bull****, i know. BUT dxr just ran his truck a week or two ago at fontana, and ran a 14.1. usint their calc that brough his time to 14.2 corrected, very close to what it was a good track. im working on getting up a few videos. sorry for the long post, it was a great night!

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Seems like really crappy times all around... Especially the Evo...

Anywho, if no one else wants to claim this is the first sub 15sec XR?

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
393 Posts
That really sounds like alot of fun! So you were only getting 7.2psi, what do you usually run? Btw, hurry up with those videos please!? :)

Edit:
Looks like I'm too slow lol

·
Registered
916 Posts
Bad ass man. I'm glad i didn't go. I'd be scared to see what the Accord would run up there

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sfz989 said:
That really sounds like alot of fun! So you were only getting 7.2psi, what do you usually run? Btw, hurry up with those videos please!? :)

Edit:
Looks like I'm too slow lol
when i got back to my house the temp went from low 70's, to mid 50's. i hit 9 psi just before i got home.

·
Registered
393 Posts
So do you think that extra 2psi would have made a bigger difference? Sounded like in that video you were spinning all through 1st and most of 2nd. Did you have your drags on? Do you have the traction control bar? Sorry for all the questions, just really like your truck!

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sfz989 said:
So do you think that extra 2psi would have made a bigger difference? Sounded like in that video you were spinning all through 1st and most of 2nd. Did you have your drags on? Do you have the traction control bar? Sorry for all the questions, just really like your truck!
2psi is huge- on 5.5 psi i ran a best of 14.9 there.yes, i have 265 wide drags slicks on it. traction bar is in the garage, but i didnt have any wheel hop. oh, and thanks:headbang:

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
You use the water box Jon?

·
ct stalker
3,540 Posts
It was a good night. You had me by a little more then one car length but in my defence I was running my 18s and they were spinning going down the track :nana:.

Finally some solid #s from a s/c XR :waytogo:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Looks like you had lots of fun. How cold was it in Palmdale? I bet colder than V-Town. Im glad to see the truck ran some good numbers. :waytogo: LACR is a crazy track, I've seen my buddy go 130 in a 73 Vega. Fun time keeping it straight. :headbang:

·
Registered
157 Posts
That's awesome bro:applause: ... Come out to AZ. I think even our regular roads get stickier than that during the summer... We got a couple decent tracks out here... I race my bike at Speedworld in the city of Surprise and love that track.. It's been on PINKS a few times. Any way.. Bad a$$ truck dude :bow:

·
Toyota Tacoma X-Runner
2,067 Posts
Damn, those are some strange nrs for sure. Whats causing this anyway? track too slippery and the elevation? Bottomline is that the s/c xr didnt lose a single race, gj!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
thx for posting these times for all of us who were asking. just imagine a good track with full traction:loveeyes:. good job bro

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anywho, if no one else wants to claim this is the first sub 15sec XR?[/quote]

two fridays ago i ran a 14.8 on a cool night at sea level. my truck is stock with a k&n intake only but i do have a urd supercharger at home waiting to be installed.

·
Banned
819 Posts
DAMN I LOVE SUPERCHARGED X-RUNNERS VIDEOS just wet my pants AGAIN!!!! but anyways i was happy how you beat that evo because my friends m3 got beat by one...maybe by half a car or so but damn thats nice that you can keep up with them all we drive mistuadawia (weird name) but anyways houston have some good tracks im guessing because i rank my truck and got 15.07 is that good? im guessing and it was HOTT! outside and especially humid but good job and how about going to the track when there is daylight so the vids come out better but nice videos yea ok thats it..lol

1 - 20 of 112 Posts