Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well, it finally came. some dissapointment, but i left pretty happy. the dyno shop was just down the street, and just opened last week. it is basically a EVO shop. my brother and i went down there together. i went first- 310 hp and 340 tq. i was pretty sad. the guy just had a turbo caliver put down 210hp, and was amazed at my truck. he said his personal gt35R 30psi alky ect evo 9 only puts down 400 on his dyno. a stock evo he said puts down around 240. my brother and his stage one evo (flash, TB, boost controller set to 22 psi) pulled 309 hp, 310 tq. his stage one kit is advertised at 330-340 hp, which seems to be about the average on evom.net. my point? seems the dyno reads about 30 hp low. i know people are going be call bull**** and stuff, but i dont care. my truck put down the same as an evo 9 mr stg 1:headbang:. anyways, im working on getting the graph up, and i have a video ill put up later.

jon

edit- my dyno was at 7psi, with urd exhaust. if there is another XR that will take their car and get dynoed there, ill throw in a few bucks to have a baseline on that dyno read.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good numbers. Do you have the URD S/C? If so can you post the graph, I would like to see how it looks because I'm also interested in the URD S/C but I'm not too interested in the max hp or torque, just the curve.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Doss said:
Good numbers. Do you have the URD S/C? If so can you post the graph, I would like to see how it looks because I'm also interested in the URD S/C but I'm not too interested in the max hp or torque, just the curve.

Thanks.
Ok you might have thrown that dyno up there right as I was typing my last message or I'm just blind.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Awesome numbers! Now every X has a number to beat! (except for gadget and relimsoy)

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
I knew you weren't around 400hp, but 310hp is still very very very good... I can't wait to get back into the 300hp club... I envy you Jon!

·
Registered
5 Posts
damn thats awesome, i have no idea what you were upset about?!? thats gotta be right around 400bhp (assuming about 20% drivetrain loss, im not sure how efficient these trucks are but i'd assume somewhere around 20%) 400HP in a small truck like that is nasty man! thats gotta be low 13's if not 12's in the 1/4 mile.

does the S/C come with some kind of tuning software? and do you new (05+) taco's have any tuning software available yet?

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BreakerN5 said:
damn thats awesome, i have no idea what you were upset about?!? thats gotta be right around 400bhp (assuming about 20% drivetrain loss, im not sure how efficient these trucks are but i'd assume somewhere around 20%) 400HP in a small truck like that is nasty man! thats gotta be low 13's if not 12's in the 1/4 mile.

does the S/C come with some kind of tuning software? and do you new (05+) taco's have any tuning software available yet?
the way the truck feels, i thought it would be around 350 at least. if you lay into the gas in second gear, they truck just spins the **** out of the tires, and it would just chirp them stock, thats all.

all the software is split second stuff, and it came with the kit. urd has units that can tune a stock car to help out too

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tirefryer said:
Nice numbers!! Are you gonna do some dyno runs with more boost in the future?
for sure. i just wanted to post a realistic goal for someone that buys the s/c kit. this was with a tad more boost and exhaust- meth, boost, headers, ice box are all coming. ive set 375 as my target goal:headbang:

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Jonathan said:
here is the video i got- god it doesnt do it justice. i had people from the surrounding building coming over for the car that made that sound, no one thought it was my truck:lol:

tell the first jack ass who walks into the screen to back up, I wasn't done...it went from jerk jerk, jerk to some dick walking into the vid and made my **** run and hide:waytogo:

·
StepSIde
3,295 Posts
OMG. Your X sounds bad ass. My hat is off to you Jon!:waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts