Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 93 toyota pickup that has major rust along the whole vehical... is there a spray or anything out there that will help slow the process down or at least do something to fix this problem??

thanks!

·
Waxed to Perfection
5,658 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where would i find the Rust Bullet product? would ihave to order it inline or can i go to a local auto parts store and buy it off the shelf?

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
Daveowen said:
sand it down, bondo the **** out of it and paint
What?? Bondo?? Too much work for something that really is kinda useless in this situation.

The rust will keep going if it's not treated so either get your wire wheel out and start taking the rust off, or find a treatment.

I say wire wheel the sh!t and spray on some bed liner. Great for 4x4 applications, easy to clean, and protects your frame.

·
Waxed to Perfection
5,658 Posts
mntbiker2008 said:
where would i find the Rust Bullet product? would ihave to order it inline or can i go to a local auto parts store and buy it off the shelf?
I think that the Tractor Supply chain carries it.. Also this stuff works great, per some of the KeystoneKrawlers I run with..
http://www.safestrustremover.com/ Its an order online or by phone thing

·
Registered
215 Posts
I actually have rust in both bottom corners of my tailgate I am going to cut them out then use sheet metal and a mig welder then sand and paint it....but I am getting ready to paint my whole truck so this wont be a problem since I have more body work to do as well (dang dents)........but if u can do this it would be better then trying to treat it alone cause rust could spread

rust=cancer to cars/trucks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts