Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
3,897 Posts
I don't give a **** about your opinions, I asked a simple question thats it..
if your not gonna answer it, don't post..simple as that

and that includes you Chris..I have my fun on this site and play around with threads..but I'm lookin for a answer, not some bull**** like every other thread on here..:mad: :waytogo:
settle down hippie

you know youre going to get it when you go on here lol

ill bring you some chains when i pick up those rims :waytogo:

i like the cage style roof racks on off road trucks, not so much the plasticy types on street bound trucks.

this guy at work has a track system on his tonneau cover for mt. bikes and snowboards and sht like that

maybe look into that, at least when you drill holes it wont leak into the cab :shrug:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Thats what im talking about. See looks good.

Thats a Tracker Rail with TK II foot packs and bars.

If you want to do it ill hook you up man. Shipping inside the state is pretty good too. Well make it worth your while.

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
That looks legit..might have to look into that.

What do those run Cj? with bike mounts(just those for now)
or what AROUND do they run..?:):)

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,744 Posts
roof racks have always been more of a euro thing..

but if you don't have the room, rack it up :)

a rack on a truck would be a bit useless..
save your money and stop looking on craigslist for crap to buy ;)
mount a few fork mounts on the tonneau and call it done..
I don't give a **** about your opinions, I asked a simple question thats it..
if your not gonna answer it, don't post..simple as that

and that includes you Chris..I have my fun on this site and play around with threads..but I'm lookin for a answer, not some bull**** like every other thread on here..:mad: :waytogo:
just snap yourself up a thule system for a tonneau cover.. :)
That looks legit..might have to look into that.

What do those run Cj? with bike mounts(just those for now)
or what AROUND do they run..?:):)
You suck Justin! :lol:

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
$1,000 bmx? pics! specs! :)
T1 Barcode..2000 year model..been riding the same frame for 4 years
Primo Kamikazes
Solid Roseannes
175mm Profiles
Eclat PC seat
Profile seatclamp
Oddy Pcs
Kink 25t
walmart chain
Primo Grips
custom bar ends
Sequence Hook stem
19mm bb
FSA headset
14mm Profile hub 9t titanium driver, 14mm solid titanium axle laced to a Fly 36h with Marwi titanium spokes
Madera front with BlueSix titanium studs laced to a Fly 36h with Marwi titanium spokes

24lbs, rides smoothly
9" rise bars:evil:

Wheels alone were $560:brickknoc
I knock myself everyday for spending that much money on a pair of wheels..but they ride great..and stay true..so can't complain:lol:

edit: i don't wanna drill into my cover though lol..oh well..maybe I'll put this off for a while..and think about it

Attachments

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,744 Posts
drilling a tonneau is super easy, and if you want to go back to stock, all you do is hot glue the hole,
then fill it in with touch up paint.. hit it with a little 2K wet, wax it and your done, nobody will notice it..

all that money into your bike and you don't even have brakes?
I know your not running a coaster brake LOL

I've got about $580 into the wheels on my Mountain bike... :)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Ill get you Prices when I get to work tomorrow. The price will depend on the style bike rack though. Ill be able to give you At Least 15% off.

I think retail you are looking at about 120 for the tracks, 140 for the foot Pack, and 60 for the bars. Like I said ill get some measurements off my truck and get the exact part numbers youll need and make a quote up. It only takes me a few minutes and will give you an idea.

Like Chris said filling holes isnt hard. Plus since the rack comes off the tracks with no tools its not like youll always have a rack there.

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ill get you Prices when I get to work tomorrow. The price will depend on the style bike rack though. Ill be able to give you At Least 15% off.

I think retail you are looking at about 120 for the tracks, 140 for the foot Pack, and 60 for the bars. Like I said ill get some measurements off my truck and get the exact part numbers youll need and make a quote up.

Like Chris said filling holes isnt hard. Plus since the rack comes off the tracks with no tools its not like youll always have a rack there.
Dude, really? i thought that system would run me like $600+ haha:lol:
if it's that much..ima have to get me one of those

·
Registered
960 Posts
I actually just found another option that will run you even less. If you skip the Tracks (these make the bar spread adjustable) You can get the Tracker Bases for 70 bucks. They would mount the bars so that they are always going to be the same distance apart. Might not be good if you want to use for bike and snowboards though.

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
drilling a tonneau is super easy, and if you want to go back to stock, all you do is hot glue the hole,
then fill it in with touch up paint.. hit it with a little 2K wet, wax it and your done, nobody will notice it..

all that money into your bike and you don't even have brakes?
I know your not running a coaster brake LOL

I've got about $580 into the wheels on my Mountain bike... :)
Sweet deal on the ton cover..

and hell no..I traded a PS2 console only for that frame in late 2004..rode around brakeless(couldnt afford brakes at the time)..and loved it..2 months later hacked the mounts off...and left em sitting like that..frame had been painted 3 times..then rawed it all off..then painted it..then threw some primer on and painted it right now
it even had pink bars and forks at one time:cool:

here's another bike I built last summer of 08 when I had a huge cash flow coming in..that one ran me around $600..got a bunch of good deal on parts

ill post more later

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
your just killin yourself doing all this window shopping Justin..
trust me, it'll drive ya nutty. wait till ya get that paper then go all out :)
It's startin to flow in again:D:D

I actually just found another option that will run you even less. If you skip the Tracks (these make the bar spread adjustable) You can get the Tracker Bases for 70 bucks. They would mount the bars so that they are always going to be the same distance apart. Might not be good if you want to use for bike and snowboards though.
Oh sweet, well if you could check it out tomorrow at work when you got some free time..let me know how much for each system..

probably skip shipping...ryan (ryanjboutin) can probably bring it up for me..he's gonna be coming up in about month and a half to buy some wheels from me..
but get me a quote also incase circumstances change:waytogo:

·
Registered
960 Posts
It's startin to flow in again:D:D

Oh sweet, well if you could check it out tomorrow at work when you got some free time..let me know how much for each system..

probably skip shipping...ryan (ryanjboutin) can probably bring it up for me..he's gonna be coming up in about month and a half to buy some wheels from me..
but get me a quote also incase circumstances change:waytogo:
No Shipping means you save more, thats always good.

Ill do that quote and get back to you. Shouldnt have a lot going on tomorrow, ill try to get to it early.

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Justin is it just me or does your bike match your friggin taco?
:shrug:
The second one? Yeah it does...I guess I have weird taste..
;)
that bike was built over a year ago..(don't got it anymore)..way before I decided to do the plans on my truck..my truck started coming together around April this year...so yeah.

Lol.

and thanks Cj!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hey man so if you went with the Track system, all the footpacks you need, Bars, and Locks for the footpack you are looking at 415.83 Out the door.

If you went without the tracks youd be saving about 110 bucks as the tk13 foot pack can just bolt onto your cover. It is designed for Fiberglass as well so it would work great. Also leaves less on your truck when not using the rack. This would run you 304.95

The lack of rails also means less holes in your cover, Might be better for you.

Less money on the rails also means you can spend the money on Bike or Snowboard racks. (the Locking Snowboard carrier would be 110.45 plus tax your cost).

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
So the footpack..is that designed for bikes?
or is this just the initial "rack' system itself..then I gotta buy the other stuff also.

another question is..if I wanted to mount the snowboard racks would I have to re-drill holes to move the footpack in/out then what it was for bikes? hence the reason why you said the rail one is more..so it's more versatile?

Just curious..

21 - 40 of 54 Posts