Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. Have a question about my baby. It sounds like I have some road noise going on with my truck. It gets louder when I rev up the gas and dies out when I'm coasting. Is that tires or could it be transmission or t-case. How bout that joint where the driveshafts meet up in the rear. I have an 05 D-Cab. Trying to figure it out before I take it to Toyota. I'm gonna get under it tonight and put the rear tires in the air. See if I can hear it. I know....Not so smart to be under a truck with the tires rolling, but I have to do something. Wish me luck...hope to post something tomorrow.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,863 Posts
Can you describe the noise?

Does it come from any particular direction (front / back / left / right)?

Does the noise (at least somewhat) happen all the time / at all speeds? Or are there conditions where it doesn't seem to happen?

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What it sounds like is as if I was running some big mud tires. I'm running the BFG rugged terrains on it. The faster I go, the louder it gets. I also noticed when I was coming to a stop I have a sound coming from right behind me. I'm thinking it may be that one joint spot but I'm gonna check it out today.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took the ol truck into Toyota on Saturday. The noise ended up being something in the rear end. Dealing with the ring/pinion gears. They are ordering the parts today and will be ready for tomorrow. Also found a leak at the oil pan. Main seal...Both covered under warrenty. Just a matter of waiting for parts. The Toyota people know me by first name now. I told them I bought a Toy to drive...not to look pretty in the drive way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts