Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

Reverse camera, any suggestions?

823 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Rodja 
#1 ·
anyone have any suggestions on rear view cameras, Im buying a Pioneer AVICD2

#2 ·
You mean which one to buy, or where to mount it?

I struggled with where to mount my Eclipse BEC-105 camera. Then it came to me. ;) I'm happy with the results. This camera is great, especially if you have a camper shell that hinders your view. It has a super wide angle and you can easily see pretty much everything behind you. And yes, the license plate light LED still works. It was a tight squeeze. I wired it so that it will come on whenever the truck is in reverse, and also it will come on when I'm driving forward if I flip the switch. So I can check on my trailer, if I'm pulling one, or I can check out a hot chick that's tailgating me.

Ooops. Don't run over the ladder. :p

#3 ·
Thats pretty sick! I have debated doing reverse and under carriage cameras but didn't want to use that ugly license plate mounted one. Very nice. I also like the flush mount screen, I installed one in my brothers WRX and ever since I have wanted one. My screen is over 5 years old and it is the old motorized flip out style ones. Since I am done with my performance and suspension (for now) time to upgrade the system again.

#4 ·
NICE!!! I totally didnt even think of putting it there... however the camera that im looking at

may not fig in there, was thinking of just putting it in the license plat (drive a hole through the plate) to in that section between the bumper and the tailgate.

Also is this a good camera? what do you guys think... http://tinyurl.com/gez5a

What model camera is that and do you have a link to where it can be bought?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.