Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the factory replacement K&N air filter.... I am thinking about getting an entire intake system... is it worth it? i am currently getting about 17-18 mpg city and 20-21 highway.... mainly everything is stock.... is it worth getting? if so, which one recommend? k&n?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
xxxsmithersxxx said:
I currently have the factory replacement K&N air filter.... I am thinking about getting an entire intake system... is it worth it? i am currently getting about 17-18 mpg city and 20-21 highway.... mainly everything is stock.... is it worth getting? if so, which one recommend? k&n?
Alot of people will tell you its not worth the money you are gonna pay for it. Try the deckplate mod and save your self alot of money :waytogo: Heres the link to the tech article http://customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=85

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you know where i can get a k&n intake for a fair price? im checkin online sites such as performance products and stylin concepts... any suggestions?

·
Registered
14,486 Posts

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Keep it stock but remove the elbow going from teh airbox to the fender. Or if you offroad your truck, do the deckplate mod. Better performance than an aftermarket intake because you are not throwing off your MAF sensor reading, and only costs a few bucks. Before doing the elbow mod, I was getting 22 city and highway. After the mod, I average 23 city and 25.5-26 highway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts