Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the toyota tacoma logo from their doors? Is it just stuck on there like a sticker, or are there holes underneath? I would like to remove them, but I don't want to have to deal with anything after removing them. Also, should I worry about faded paint since mine is a 98? Maybe I should just leave all the logos on to be safe. What does everyone think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Re: Removing the side and rear emblems

Yeh, I recentlly removed all of my emblems from my 1999 Taco. I hadn't done it up until that point for fear of messing up my factory paint. The result was MUCH better than I expected. I used a credit card to slide underneath the emblems, removed the extra glue residue by waxing the areas 3 or 4 times. It removed the excess glue and fixed the scratches I made. My advice to you would be use a piece of fishing line instead of a credit card..it's safer.

Now, I did this on a pretty hot day, and my Taco is black, so that made it really easy.

Hope this helps.

D

·
0 Posts
Re: Removing the side and rear emblems

just pull them off. The material is some kinda hard thing but its only stuck on. just get some paint thinner, water spray bottle, and a green scouring pad and scrub off the crap. It takes time but it comes off. just be careful if you use a screwdriver to pry them off, you might scratch the paint.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts