Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im doing a ford 8.8 rear swap can i just remove this part and install a brake portioning valve?

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,702 Posts
Uhhhhh ... You're confusing me ... :shrug:

The lever thingie in the picture IS your brake proportioning valve (or Load Sensing Proportioning and By-Pass Valve in Toyotese).

Here (attached) is the 2000 diagram showing the components.

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
When I lifted my truck I unhooked mine and thought I might not need it and only my front brakes seemed to work. I put an extender so it would be higher and worked fine.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes you can remove it and install manual proportional valve and adjust so it wouldn't lock the rear .I did this on my 9 inch,you can run straight line but it will lock up rear on hard braking without manual valve.

·
Registered
59 Posts
From what I understand, don't expect to carry heavy loads in your truck either. That load sensor is supposed to self adjust your rear breaks with the amount of weight you have in your bed.

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
I just cut the arm off of it and pinned the bias valve to give full rearward pressure..
It works great, but it'll work better after i install my Wilwood front brakes..

Yes you can remove it and install manual proportional valve and adjust so it wouldn't lock the rear .I did this on my 9 inch,you can run straight line but it will lock up rear on hard braking without manual valve.
I have a Ford 9" I plan on using under my 5 lug truck.
Did you build yours yourself or buy it somewhere?
I got mine from an early Bronco V8, 3.50's, traklock, ect.

Any info would be great..

·
Registered
146 Posts
It was a currie built 56 inch hub to hub 4.11 gear,35 spline with spool.I welded perches on rear end and brake line mounts on housing.Cut stock brake line ends and installed the right threaded flare for rear drum brakes.Remove stock proportional valve and hooked stock rubber line to hard line direct.

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
It was a currie built 56 inch hub to hub 4.11 gear,35 spline with spool.I welded perches on rear end and brake line mounts on housing.Cut stock brake line ends and installed the right threaded flare for rear drum brakes.Remove stock proportional valve and hooked stock rubber line to hard line direct.
Where did you find the perches?
Did you custom order it yourself?
56" is perfect.. The one I have is 58" wms to wms..

·
Registered
146 Posts
I got them when i ordered rear end but you can get them from Jegs,Summit,or Speedwaymotors.They sell it as a hot rod series

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, yea i got a wilwood proportioning valve ready to install.

I'm doing 4 pot brakes up from front too soon yea lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
2001 2 dr Tacoma I just bypass the PV and have the one line from master cylinder to rear brakes no value and brakes work fine and don not lock up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts