Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
you can also check out bulldogsecurity.com
they have wiring diagrams that you can use off of there
site. I installed a remote start from them in my '01 Taco. The install was a lot easier than my previous '01 Chevy S10 that I had the starter in. Good luck, I can try and answer any questions that you have but I have only used the bulldog products.

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
I wondered about the 5 speed auto start setups..

If you have a cruise control and mod the clutch start deal to allow it to start, you loose cruise control..

Thats the only way I could think to make the autostart work..

But I'd definatly want some sort of sensor on the shifter that wont allow it to start unless its in neutral..

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
really dont think remote start is a good idea on a manuel. That being said, If you do it you can set it up with a few pin style switches around the shifter that will only let it engauge in nuetral. As far as disableing the clutch start cancel you have a couple options you can do whats stated above and wire pass it. Or if your alarm has a output that can be triggered right before start up you can trigger the clutch start cancel switch on you dash that way you dont loose cruise control. if you dont have that switch you can cunstruct something to do that with a relay. Good luck

·
Black Beauty
1,458 Posts
I have the Viper 791 XV... i just had the place install it.. too many wires!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts