Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my truck was de-badged when i bought it. I like it that way except i do want the "S runner V6 badge". I went to a local toyota dealer and they ordered one for me. Only problem is they sent a black one, so they ordered another..again a black one came. This happened like 4 times. Wierd thing is that the package has the part # for the red one and even says "red" on it, but still has a black one inside.:brickknoc Then they just said "well i guess they don't have any more, and just offered my money back. so now I'm stuck with this black one.

But i was thinking that it might actually look good with a black badge. What do you guys think? Anyone with photoshop skills could post something up maybe? I think that I'm gonna do it. I think it'll look good and original.:waytogo:

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,885 Posts
The black one would show black-on-red in daylight and white-on-red under direct illumination in the dark.

Check the S-Runner Information Index (stickied here in SR Talk) for links to illustrations of both badges.

Personally, I don't think it would look 'bad', but I believe the OEM red badge would probably look 'better'.

Unless you've made up your mind to try the experiment, I'd suggest scanning more widely to see if you can come up with the red one you originally wanted ... :thinking:

·
slow poke
3,098 Posts
rossk35 said:
someone painted the x-runner badge black on a red one. look nice.
the reflective quality of the red SR badges are the best part!!

·
Registered
977 Posts
I thought it was the same badge , and once u put it on the truck it takes to the color of the paint . does the badge u have rightnow actually have black sand pearl in the lettering ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, the actual emblem itself is black. I was there when the guy was looking through the parts book and there was definitely two kinds....red & black.

Anyone know where i could get a red one? Apparently the dealership can't help me and i can't find anything online.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,885 Posts
Unfortunately, the 2001+ Parts List in the Tech section doesn't even include the tailgate badges ("S-Runner V6"), so I've never known what the part numbers may be ...

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
I think the black badge could work it it were coodinated with other black parts: wheels, billet grill or black stock grill, tint, smoked tails, third brake light etc.

tim

·
slow poke
3,098 Posts
timdps said:
I think the black badge could work it it were coodinated with other black parts: wheels, billet grill or black stock grill, tint, smoked tails, third brake light etc.

tim
i have to agree with that idea! :headbang:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts