Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the sticky at the top of the page about all the different lift options but i still have some questions.

I will probably lift the front using OME springs but to get 3-3.5 inches in the rear what is my best option. I dont really want to use a a whole new spring pack because of the cost but if I was to use shackles and an add a leaf it might end up being around the same price once i get the exhaust re-routed.
I looked for a shackle kit that would give 2-2.5 inches but i couldnt find one. Ideally i would get a 2.5" shackle lift and a 1" add a leaf.

Anyone have any opinions on different options I could use to get 3-3.5"? Specific products and prices would be good and remember I want to stay away from blocks and large add-a-leafs.

Thanks!
--Sam

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Well I say just get a 2" shackle and chop the tailpipe a bit. Not a big deal. Bear in mind, if you go 3" in front you only need 2" max in the rear to have the truck sit level. Tacos sit ass high by about 1.5" or so when stock. If you want to maintain that ass high appearance then get a 1.5" shackle (Downey HD shackle) and a 1.5" AAL. However, if you get an AAl get a LONG AAL not the short ones. Longer ones ride better. They cost about double that of short AAL's but they are worth it. Bear in mind, if you lift the rear you will want to get new, longer shocks too.

Ohh Toytec offers 2" Shackles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the info. I think I'll try the toytec 2" shackles. Seems to be what I've been looking for. I dont want the high ass end look i just forgot that the back end sits up so much higher than the front.

·
Registered
913 Posts
hey ive had all three rear lift setups and by far the aal is the best, i got a 3 inch from tuff country and i love it....real easy install and my ride quality hasnt changed a bit....if your still looking for a shackle ive got a 1.5 from aor4x4 which is now making shackles for toytec,,,,i bought it new and it only has a bout 6 months of use...selling cheap...

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
They also correct your pinion angle as well.

Very true. Gotta love shackles. I hate how Toyota went with a reverse shackle design like the Tundras on the 05 Taco. A shackle was the cheapest, easiest and quite and effective way to gain some lift in the rear on a Taco. Now that option is gone.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Dammit, Jason and Roach are both giving helpful info. You've gotten too soft. Can you guys just rip into the guy with a "search you fvcking newb"... just for old times sake?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dammit, Jason and Roach are both giving helpful info. You've gotten too soft. Can you guys just rip into the guy with a "search you fvcking newb"... just for old times sake?
Yeh i kinda got off easy didnt i. but to be fair i did search before i asked. I may be new here but i spent quite a bit of time on yotatech over the past few years so i do know to search before asking a question that has probably been asked before.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Yeh i kinda got off easy didnt i. but to be fair i did search before i asked. I may be new here but i spent quite a bit of time on yotatech over the past few years so i do know to search before asking a question that has probably been asked before.
Nah man, its cool. I was just messing around. I wouldn't have ripped into you for your question, its just been a while since I've seen Jason and Roach post in the same topic together, so I had to comment...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts