Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· ADMlNAHATER
41,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tre5 Customs had a write up for a rear affordable disk brake kit for the PreTaco in Minitruckin magazine..

I called them and asked what the odds of the kit working on a Tacoma 5 lug..

They had a Tacoma 7.5 rear end handy.. Their brackets fit!

Their just waiting on Rotor/Caliper parts to verify fitment...

I told em that if they could make the parking brake function, they'd have some phone calls. :waytogo:

If the rotors and calipers pan out, the complete kit will be $450..
Or..
Source your own rotors/calipers and the brackets are $150

Cross your digits! :D

As for the S-Runner 8.4's, No clue if they would swap..

Here is their facebook posting! Show em your support!
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&comment_id=1737111&notif_t=photo_reply

· Registered
257 Posts
If this works out my plan is to run dual calipers on the rear. One for normal brakes and the other for a hydro e-brake.

I'm currently working on a cheap floor mounted e-brake in between my seats running to the stock drums. I've got the e-brake lever mounted and I replaced the cables. I just have to mount them on the frame

· ADMlNAHATER
41,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If this works out my plan is to run dual calipers on the rear. One for normal brakes and the other for a hydro e-brake.

I'm currently working on a cheap floor mounted e-brake in between my seats running to the stock drums. I've got the e-brake lever mounted and I replaced the cables. I just have to mount them on the frame
Just turbo it and you wont need the ebrake..
It breaks em loose when the boost kicks.. :waytogo:

Start a thread, i'd like to see it..

· Registered
3,850 Posts
you should update this thread once you hear back from em...some of us dont use facebook (anymore)...i def am tired of lookin at drums through my 18s...anda front BBK is gunna look ridiculous with drums out back...

· ADMlNAHATER
41,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you should update this thread once you hear back from em...some of us dont use facebook (anymore)...i def am tired of lookin at drums through my 18s...anda front BBK is gunna look ridiculous with drums out back...
Thats why I posted on here.. :D

I'm on it. :waytogo:

· Registered
187 Posts
When I long traveled the rear of my taco I ran into the problem of the e-brake cable being too short, so I just removed all the rear workings of it and welded up the holes in the drums to keep junk out of there. I used a hydraulic hand brake out of a sand car and plumed it underneath the cab where the stock e-brake cable was linked. I cut the majority of the handle length off of the brake unit and used the stock clevis end of the cable to attach it. I'll try to get some pics of the setup on here tomorrow. It works great! The only inconvenience is, you can't have your foot on the brake pedal while setting the e-brake, so I come to a stop in parking spots using the e-brake handle mostly.

· ADMlNAHATER
41,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey chris, anymore info on this kit? thanks
Kits cost $450

There are 2 caliper options, one with and without a parking brake..

W parking brake, you'll have to source your own cables to connect, but thats pretty easy..

Google Tre5 Customs for contact info..

· Registered
682 Posts
Just come down to az n pick em up hahahaha thwy should use my truck as a proto type hahaha

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts