Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to what most of you do with the rear porportioning valve after you lift the rear. I used a bracket similar to the one downey sells (except i got mines at home depot) but it snapped last night driving down the 405 fwy. Should i just bolt it directly to the diff, buy another bracket, or get a manual valve eventually? :shrug:

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you happen to know what size fittings the factory hard lines are?

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
I just used a bracket equal to the length of the distance that it was lifted. Worked fine for me. I got my POV when i ditched the bed i didnt need it untill then and since i got rid of the load sensor it was a must. If you are locking the rear up all the time then it might be due.

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TRD2.4Tacoma said:
who needs it? i dont have mine........
uhh.... so you have no rear brakes or what did you do.... :shrug:

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ATLRoach said:
10mm
I have a list if you would like to go this route w/ a residual valve as well.
enlighten me please! :waytogo:

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
uhmm... i'm having a lil difficulty understanding what to do after removing the return line...

"Since the manual proportioning valve only uses one pressure-line (with no return line), we bypassed the forward T-fitting and rerouted the hard-line from the master cylinder (top fitting on right) through the stainless braided flexible brake line (on the far left side of the picture) to the front left caliper. The short piece of hard-line (visible between the T-fitting and the flexible brake line) was removed and discarded"

so they had the return line connect to the front caliper? wtf?

why not just cap off/plug the return line port from the master cylinder? :shrug:

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts