Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has tried to bolt up a wheel from a Rav 4 to a Taco? May be a more economical way to plus up to 16" wheels. Also the pics on this site of the Tacos with the 4 Runner front clip sheet metal look incredible, anyone know is there is any mods needed to do this or do they just bolt right on??

·
Registered
5 Posts
From what I've heard, switching over to 4runner sheet metal is a major pain in the arse. The 4Runner hood is wider than a Taco's, and you have to move the radiator support..or install one from a 4Runner. Perhaps 98Tacoma (or whatever his name is with the blue 4Runner Taco) would enlighten us.

by the way..I saw his truck for sale on eBay last week. What a shame.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rav4 wheels will not bolt up to a Tacoma due to the smaller centerbore. Rav4's center bore is the same as other Toyota passenger cars - 60.1mm. Our Tacomas' center bore is a little bigger at 67.1mm. The bolt pattern of the Rav4 is the same as the Tacoma's at 5x114.3 in metric, or 5x4.5" in standard. The Rav4 wheels will only work with either (1)enlarging the center bore to 67.1mm, or (2)use a thin wheel spacer. If you are looking for an inexpensive way to do a plus 2 upgrade, then I might have a set of 16" wheels for you. Email me at [email protected] and I will sent you some pictures.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info guys, I won't be doing anything about wheels till next summer, right now I have to get my toy ready for winter, studded tires, box cap and about 200 lbs in the box for traction. This is my first winter with a 2wd pickup, we already had a bit of a flurry yesterday, here in Nova Scotia Canada.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts