Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 Tacoma and am looking for a wiring diagram for the radio harness . when i got the truck it didn't have a radio in it and i don't know what wires go were for my new radio need help please.:confused:

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,700 Posts
Here (attached) is the 2004 wiring diagram ...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
03Taco,

I want to thank you for posting this. I couldn't find it anywhere after two hours of searching, so I just abandoned the idea for awile. I'm crazy writing because I now have the info I have been looking for. Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Those are handy diagrams.

I was wondering how the tweeters were wired, where the crossover occurred and how that affects hooking up an after market head unit.

These answered my questions.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Man you have to love forums. Just a quick search and BAM research is done and heading back into the garage! Off to solder and heat shrink the wiring harnesses.

I desperately needed the stock wiring diagram to the stock speakers. Gonna replace the stock papers with set to components that have been in the box for a long time when I slip this Kenwood Navi unit in. Thinking about mounting the crossovers under the kick panels to make it easier to fine tune, and the kick panels are pretty much the last thing that goes back in after the interior is getting stripped for Dynamat.

:drool:

·
Registered
23 Posts
not sure if you have a factory amp for your radio, but if you do the connector into the radio isnt what plugs into the aftermarket radio harnesses. Its actually on the opposite side of the amp.

if no amp, you will need diagram and solder to a new connector.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Old thread but the the diagrams helped me finish the install of Pioneer head unit today on the 2004 Tacoma I picked up a month ago. Dynomat equivalent on floors, back wall and doors and new speakers. Much nicer audio sound and quieter ride. The doors sound like they are from an expensive car when they close instead of sounding like a tin can. Great to have bluetooth connection and wireless phone now too. I feel spoiled now in an 11 year old 4wd standard cab with fancy electronics. May have to install a mini iPad for some bigger screen navigation and other apps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts