Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried the search but didn't come up with what I was looking for.

I was wondering if the bucket seats in a double cab were the same as an extended cab.

I found a donor set of buckets for my 04 regular cab from an 01 double cab but would like some reassureance before I drive an hour to find out that they won't fit. Are the seats identical or are the double cabs different?

Thanks in advance. :waytogo:

· Mambeau / Admin
48,299 Posts
According to the '01+ Parts List in the Tech section, the part numbers for all bucket seats / components are identical for XtraCabs and Double Cabs.

· Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the seats installed, time for another question.

The OEM parts list has two variations of bucket seats listed for 01-04, "sport" and "non-sport". I'm assuming that the "sport" seats would be the ones in a SR and quad cab bucket seats would be of the "non-sport" variation?

I need the outer driverside plastic trim piece, part number 71812-35020 B2 or 04010 B2... which one do I need? If sport seats were available in a quad cab how would I go about differentiating between the two? :shrug:

Thanks!

· Registered
229 Posts
I need the outer driverside plastic trim piece also...what a pain in the arse to have to replace something so unimportant. I can't find one without ordering from the dealer. None of the wrecking yards around here have any Taco's. Make sure to keep us posted on the sport and non-sport seats. Good luck.

· Mambeau / Admin
48,299 Posts
The 'Sport' seats are the fabric-trimmed ones with the power lumbar adjustment on the driver's seat. If the driver's side seat doesn't have a switch on the outboard side, it's not a "Sport" seat.

· Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, mine are manual vinyl sided seats... figures the one I need (which I imagine is the more common of the two) is more expensive.

Thanks again and again and again Enola.

Is it pretty common for the outer side panels to fall off? The clip on mine is broken, it stays in place without it until I get out of the truck then it falls off... every time. If I dump $50 on a new piece and it's gonna break and fall apart again within a year? If so, I don't think I'm going to even bother replacing it, I'll just rig it to stay in place as ghetto as possible and get over it. :shrug:

· Mambeau / Admin
48,299 Posts
copieddemise said:
... Is it pretty common for the outer side panels to fall off? The clip on mine is broken, it stays in place without it until I get out of the truck then it falls off... every time. If I dump $50 on a new piece and it's gonna break and fall apart again within a year? If so, I don't think I'm going to even bother replacing it, I'll just rig it to stay in place as ghetto as possible and get over it. :shrug:
I don't know how 'common' it is, but I've seen it happen often enough ... :doah:

Unless you're super-anal about aesthetics, I'd suggest screwed or glueing it back on and save the $50 (at least until you can find a cheap replacement) ... :thinking:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.