Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4x4 truck as u all know and im looking at the JD kit or something that would work... Boxed uppers and lowers and aslo I would like to have 4-6 inch bump and everything else down and also i want the truck to sit level Flat across here is a pic of what i want it to look like.... i know that's LINK MOTOR SPORTS truck and is center mounted i dont want that well not yet and yes i want to keep 4x and have atleast 12-14 of travel.. or more...

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
That truck as you know is almost center linked and is a full tube frame .... soooo if you are going to build a truck from the ground up then you could make the ride height what you want.

Since you are going to be putting on a kit you have to go with what ride height will yeild the best camber for the wheels the last thing you want to do is to " sit level flat across" that will not work for any bolt on kit that will retain 4x4. If there is i will be stunned the math just isnt there for a bolt on. First what I would do is start with a 2 wheel drive truck like a prerunner and then throw on a tc kit that will give you the ground clearance to let you go " level" and still not hit everything, but if you want 4x4 that wont work.

The jd kit is a great kit if you want the 4x4 ive heard nothing but great things out of it. To retain the 4x4 you are going to have to get new shafts if you go with a camburg or a TC kit you can just use tundra or t100 if you go over 3.5 per arm you are looking at custom arms that are going to run you and lack efficency. IF you go over that 3.5 inch per side I would go with the tundra cvs and have shafts built becuase those cvs add another 10 deg over the stock taco cvs.

remember the work that is involved if you know what you want " 12-14 inches of travel" The JD T1 is the kit to go with plain and simple you said what you want and they provide :

3" Over 4130 Tube Uppers w/ replaceable Uni-Ball Bearing
4130 boxed plate powder coated Lowers
Steering extensions
All Hardware
-Easy Installation
-Kit will fit Coil over and you get to keep your 4x4

Kit Price
$2250.00
T100 Front axles required for 4x4,
Call on availability of axles
Hoops required

and on a side note if you want more be ready to fork out the dough to get it. hope this helps good luck

ps: heres the best photo of my 4x4 at a " level " ride height shafts arent in but they work

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Im sure they could, it might be a little more. A boxed upper really isnt needed but if you want it go for it. Even if you dont get boxed uppers you could maybe have them built with square chromoly its not cheap but it will be tough and still retain some of that look. Good luck

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
No, no jd over here its a old kit from a company that is no longer in business. Im running a fox 2.5 coil over 500 over 600 and a 2 tube 2.0 bypass and a 2.0 fox bump running off the top of the spindle.... yeah its beefy but I have still to huck it to see how it will react. its almost done im sure i'll start a thread like arnold to get some feed back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts