Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any company make an all wheel disc brakes for my 2002 truck? it's a singlecab. and i was hope fully wanting big pistons and all that.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
did you check with Downey? i believe they have the rear wheel disc conversion kits, not sure about "big brakes" though. if you want better stopping ability go with slotted rotors that have swept cooling vanes along with a set of EBC green pads.

·
Registered
11,619 Posts
Or Tundra calipers and rotors up front. It's an inexpensive big brake upgrade, even though the difference doesn't feel like much. I should have got the Brembo drills cross slotted rotors, but they were twice as much!

All Pro also has a rear disc brake kit.

·
Registered
743 Posts
fltacoma, rizzo714 and lowonair,

I've got a group buy going on for the "StopTech" BBK that will fit your rigs. PM me for details asap. It is for the front... I used to me anal about the fact I wanted 4 wheel disk brakes just to show that I had them. Ask around.... they don't do anything put look pretty. Soooo, color match the drums to the truck and then go huge up front :waytogo: Will look sweet arse and you will have saved yourself $2500 :D

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Or Tundra calipers and rotors up front. It's an inexpensive big brake upgrade, even though the difference doesn't feel like much. I should have got the Brembo drills cross slotted rotors, but they were twice as much!

All Pro also has a rear disc brake kit.
for the street you dont want drilled rotors, unless that is you wanted that for looks. for the street i might choose slotted, diamond dimpled (or just dimpled), or a combo of these two. you dont even need that, just take a look at what Mercedes puts on their big cars, standard rotors......

·
Registered
11,619 Posts
So, I'm assuming if you wouldn't use drilled rotors on the street, you wouldn't use it off road either? Do they not get hot enough in non-racing conditions to really take advantage of it? I've learned that high quality drilled slotted rotors from companies like Brembo (and not some small machine shop) don't warp and crack, but still wear through pads more. Since Autozone has their awesome replacement policy, I thought maybe I could have gotten the drilled slotted rotors. Why do you advice against?

Also, I didn't know the first couple posters had 2WD, so disregard the Tundra comment. Tundra calipers and rotors are for 6 lug trucks.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
yeah, i was thinking about downey, anybody know what the parts come off of? im thinking about buying the calipers and rotors from somewhere else cheaper, and just buying the brackets from them? anybody know what the calipers with built in parking brake come from? and what the rotors come off of?

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
So, I'm assuming if you wouldn't use drilled rotors on the street, you wouldn't use it off road either? Do they not get hot enough in non-racing conditions to really take advantage of it? I've learned that high quality drilled slotted rotors from companies like Brembo (and not some small machine shop) don't warp and crack, but still wear through pads more. Since Autozone has their awesome replacement policy, I thought maybe I could have gotten the drilled slotted rotors. Why do you advice against?

Also, I didn't know the first couple posters had 2WD, so disregard the Tundra comment. Tundra calipers and rotors are for 6 lug trucks.
i would not use them to 4x4 with, they collect and store dirt. they are used to allow out-gassing from very hot hot pads to help fight fade, etc.

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
See- the lug pattern and structure are the same for bothe 05's and the 95-up so you can use the rear braking kit! just specify that you have a 95-04 tacoma and they'll give the right bracketry to attach the parking brake, and the BBK works like normal!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts