Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lowered my single cab stepside with the 3/4 kit and finally got my 17 wrapped in 215/45/17. I have about an inch of wheelspace in front and about 2 in back. If i pull the overload, is that going to take a lot of traction away or will it even have an affect besides dropping the back about 3/4 of an inch?

I think I eventually want to lower the front one more inch and then pull the middle leaf and just have my overload and one leaf. Has anyone in here installed a C-notch? Is it a pain or relativly easy? Will that lower the back about 2 inches or so?

Thanks in advance for any replies

INACOMA

·
Registered
282 Posts
C notching just gives you more travel, pulling out leaves will lower you. Least thats from what i figure..

·
Registered
282 Posts
If your going to go that low you will want to c notch it, there's no other way around it.

·
Premium Member
8,245 Posts
My understanding is that pulling the middle leaf in rear will give you about 2.5" drop, pulling the load bearing leaf will only give you the thickness of the leaf, but should not affect ride quality. you will have to c-notch to pull the middle leaf with your 4" blocks (6.5" total drop), even then will still be pretty close to the frame unless you step notch it.

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts
Do you still have the stock rear bump stops? Remove them. I used a pvc pipe 4" rubber connector from Home Depot. Cut it to the width of the frame and the length of the stock bump stop. Drill holes in it by using the holes in the stock bump stop and bolt it in. Now your axle wont hit the frame. This will give you more clearance until you have to cnotch or step notch it.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I took the bump stops out when i put the 4" blocks in and haven't hit once. I think that i am going to pull the overload for now and then if i still have the desire, pull the middle leaf and c-notch it.

I have also considered a 4 link with bags just in the back. Any thoughts?

D

·
0 Posts
hey man what's up? before i put the four link, bags, and notch on my taco i had 3 inch blocks and the middle leaf removed and i was hittin' frame on every single bump and since you have 4 inch blocks i wouldn't pull the middle one unless you are gonna notch it. if you take the just the overload out though it's not gonna lower your taco that much more if any. by the way how low do you want your taco to end up being? ive got hella pics of my suspention and can get a ton more if you need em. lataz.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah send some to [email protected] i am worried that if i pull the middle leaf and cnotch it i will be so low that i will scrap on everything. But cost is an issue, so far i have done everything on my truck by myself and don't know how much a 4 link with bags with a compresser and tank would be? i just want to do the back.

Any ideas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts