Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone run into a problem with scosche ddin kit. I have a Panosonic CQ-VD6503U d din. The trim kit of the kit doest fit with the dvd player. The schose kit came with plastic housing braket, it look and feels cheap so i dont want to use it cuz im afraid it wont support the weight of the dvd player. Anyonw know if you can buy a stronger housing bracket?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Put the two side pieces in where they fit in those grooves, then when you slide the HU in it locks them in place. Then put the side screws in. Then I added some epoxy where the side peices meat the front panel. It made it a lot more sturdy. I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mounting bracket that hte scochse came with is made of plastic. The bracket that I have now is made of metal but it doest fit witht he scochse it. Im afraid that the plastic bracket wont hold it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Jmaglipay said:
The mounting bracket that hte scochse came with is made of plastic. The bracket that I have now is made of metal but it doest fit witht he scochse it. Im afraid that the plastic bracket wont hold it.
The plastic one will hold it just fine.

·
Premium Member
6,419 Posts
Jmaglipay said:
I have mine held in with the plastic brackets. once you screw the headunit to the sides of the bracket, you are good to go. may not be too sturdy alone, but w/ the headunit in place, it's good to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts