Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
From the dyno's I've seen where another TB spacer was used, the only benefit came from the gasket being completely round, as opposed to the stock Taco's, which is D-Shaped.

Fortunately, the SC gasket is only $6, and available from the stealer, as a TRD part. It's round.

Think about the length of the intake system... is 1" REALLY going to make a difference?

· Registered
62 Posts
Springs probably won't drop a S-Runner 2"... the S has different coil springs...

I'm pissed I missed most of the fun on this discussion... "Hairy, why you gotta hate?" Wow.. that's impressive.

He's right, and no one pissed in his or my corn flakes. A carb spacer does help the air/FUEL mixture of a carb'd engine. on a FI motor...it does NADA..nothing. 1" extra of a ~15" long manifold isn't going to help.

Loud mufflers frequently make people think they have more HP. Ever hear the infamous Thrush "Cherry-bomb" mufflers? Even though you couls see through them, they flowed like crap. But the incraesed volume made people think it was faster.

Nevermind what Toyota could have done. Let's talk TRD. Or ELP. How about Rod Millen? 2 of the 3 are no compromise tuners. NONE of them use a 1" TB spacer on their tuned Toyota's.. You don't think Rod Millen would like an easy 14ft-lb on his 1000hp Pike's peak car?

But one if you wish. Tell everyone it made a difference. Then take it to the track or your OWN dyno. Just do me one favor.. leave the round gasket in there, instead of the D-shaped one. THAT's where the power lies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.