Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,991 Posts
I have one on mine. The performance is noticable on the freeway or when you're in third with high rpms. In addition, it generates about 14lbs of torque! It creates a cool whistle sound too, like a jet!

· Registered
1,991 Posts
Your missing the point of what a Throttle body spacer is. The sole purpose of it is to lengthen the throw between the throttle body and the intake chamber. In doing this the intake creates stronger suction in which the fuel passes quicker and cooler in reaching the intake valves. The length of the spacer is very important. If it is too long the fuel will dissipate before reaching the intake vales. Research this on the web and you will see yourself.

· Registered
1,991 Posts
I hat when anonymous people try to be funny. Airaid outsourced a company to check the results of their poweraid product. The dyno showed a 14lb increase in torque. Call Airaid and ask them to send you the dyno results.

· Registered
1,991 Posts
Do you still have the dyno? I have one on mine as well. It's been on for about 6 months now. I love it. I just added the Jet V-force as well. Needs to break in a little bit, but I already feel a quicker response. I'm going to see I can get it on a dyno myself.

· Registered
1,991 Posts
I think a lot of these people need to go back to auto 101 and understand truly the concept behind the Fuel Injection system. Then, and only then, will they understand the attributes of a TB spacer. No one said anything about HP.

· Registered
1,991 Posts
Well, your first problem was that you were working on a Chevy :) It's all in fun! Sounds like you've had a couple classes. I'm unsure of the HP I don't know if it gives any. If it did, it's probably not enough to notice. But, why do we do anything to our trucks? To try and make it faster, look better, feel stronger, etc. We Sometimes hit it good, sometimes we're way off. Like I said before, To each his own.

One thing I do have to say about the TB spacer is that it did increase my mpg, and when going up long hills or quick starts, the truck is stronger! My theory is that it increased the torque. The main promotion of the poweraid is the torque.

· Registered
1,991 Posts
You are taking jiberish. "You don't think Rod Millen would like an easy 14ft-lb on his 1000hp Pike's peak car? " Why would Rod millen care about 14 lbs of torque when he's already pushing close to 900? We poor guys don't have 1000 hp on our trucks. This is old news anyway. The topic is over done. One is not going to satisfy the other.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.