Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into some type of power in my side views, i already did power windows and locks on me reg cab and have the plug for power mirrors.

Can anyone with a S runner here tell me if their non folding mirrors have power?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am looking into some type of power in my side views, i already did power windows and locks on me reg cab and have the plug for power mirrors.

Can anyone with a S runner here tell me if their non folding mirrors have power?
Might not be relevant for you but I remember a company called Street Scene made a fixed mirror conversion kit. Basically it was two mirrors and all the wiring to install fixed electric mirrors. I saw it installed on a non S runner and it looked and worked ok. It was around $250 a few years back but have no idea if they are still available.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts

In ~2004 I added the OEM 4wd V6 (standard?) power mirrors to my 2002 5-lug SR5 Xtra Cab. With the wiring diagram, it was very easy. Sorry, but I no longer have any notes on this mod I did 17 years ago! What I recall is that I had to make some of my own wire connections. I'm no wiring expert, but it wasn't difficult with the two wiring diagrams in hand. Mechanically, they easily bolted on. However, since you have the std cab, you'll have to verify that they will match up, but i'm fairly certain the doors are the same. I may have had to buy new wire harness to thread from inside the cab and into the door, again, use the wiring diagrams as your guide.

I probably bought the power mirrors off of eBay from a wrecked truck, not sure of the best source these days besides the dealer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts