Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
My winter wheels and tires are on their way in, but I decided to give the stock wheels a change over the winter...

I know everyone is painting or powercoating their stock wheels black or gunmetal, but I just wanted to know if gold would look good on the stock wheels of my RR XR... I'm having a hard time finding wheels that suit the XR better than the stockers... and I guess I've just been impartial to the color combo because my previous red civic's last two sets of wheels were gold and bronze... just wanted to get some opinions from you guys on if it would look good or not...

I did a quick photoshop of my XR, it was hard to get it gold, and if anyone can do better, by all means go ahead, it would help alot... but this gives u a general idea... your opinion is valued...

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Re: Powercoat/paint stock wheels gold? Opinions?

Oh, I was also going to ask- Are those the foglights from headlightarmor.com? - and if so, is it a whole new plastic piece, or a tint like film you stick on or what?
Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

ian01 said:
I like the idea, but think a darker color closer to bronze woukld look perfect:waytogo:

Maybe like this? I could be wrong though......your wheels look great....just slightly off (can't put my finger on it).

http://customwheel.com/custom_wheels/images/icw_015bz_200.gif
yeah, I was trying to get them darker, but couldn't get the color balances the way I wanted them... i tried for the life of me :brickknoc :brickknoc

but ya, I was thinking a deep gold or bronze finish would look great on the stock wheels...

ian01 said:
Oh, I was also going to ask- Are those the foglights from headlightarmor.com? - and if so, is it a whole new plastic piece, or a tint like film you stick on or what?
Thanks!
it is a film similar to the stuff that is sold on headlightarmor.com ... it was done here at a shop that specializes in tint, invisible bra, and headlight/foglight protection...

·
Registered
41 Posts

what makes those fog lights better than others. and if anyone has a pic of them at bight?

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,863 Posts
I like the look (don't *prefer* it, but do like it) ...

IMHO gold / bronze goes better with red than with black or blue.

I'd also suggest not getting them any lighter or any 'yellow-er' than what you PhotoShopped.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yah, it was just hard for me to get it darker in PS... the bronze wheels look good on the black, but may not look as good on red...

here are pics of my old car, that is the look I'm going for again, this will be the gold I will be using... I painted them myself a few years back...

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
I think it looks sick bro, very nice, my style, but I agree maybe a shade darker, but sh!t they look kick a$$ to me, and the foglights help them out :waytogo:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts