Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the "update" post went so well, i thought it'll be cool to post the history of your truck as well.... :waytogo:

I started out modifying imports waaaay before fast and furious came out....

Then when fast and furious came out I got my integra stolen off my driveway :mad:

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Didn't have full coverage but i managed to sell the shell for $800. I wanted to buy something that I wouldn't fix up anymore. I felt like working on cars was a waste of time! So I bought my 5-lug...

Who would've guessed that a month later I would get the fabtech spindles....

Had to get bigger tires with my 3'' lift!

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bumper rubbing annoyed the crap outta me so I decided to ditch the bumper and go with a tube front...

But the damn thing broke off...

Coils/Arms/Shocks options were limited so i tryed them all. Chassis tech coils/Chassis tech arms, fabtech coils/arms, Downey arms/coilovers, every possible combination of the above...

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But breaking these damn cheap parts got annoying and expensive!

After breaking up with my ex I had an excuse to spend money and decided to get the TC kit... and this is how it sits today...

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Mines not as long as Mihns but here goes...

This is what I started with

The only mod done to it was the tint

A year and a half later I put on a Fabtech a arm and coil lift and some new wheels

A couple months later I put on a Fabtech Spindle, a AAL and here is how it is now

Glassworks fenders are sitting in the garage waiting to be put on and I get 2 inch shackles for the back soon

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
First truck I "built", circa '95:

Sold that built this and this:

Sold the F150 and bought this:

Sold the quad and bought this:

Turned that into this:

Sold the Turbo RSX-S and the Ranger, bought this:

Driving this now:

...and soon I'll be driving this:

in the master bedroom of this:

:lol: :D :waytogo:

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
Day I bought it w/27K 12-06-03

First mod, billet grill (hated that mecury looking grill)

Did the valance, clears, bug deflector/vent visors on window (basic stuff) just before the Sacto Meet 04

16" Hyundai Sante Fe wheels and red/clear tails

body matched stuff
(bug deflector, door/tailgate handles mirrors and XM antenna)

Bought a camper shell for 200 bucks, shaved the 3rd brakelight then sold it for 400 bucks..

(I was board) who customizes a camper shell anyways? ;)

Old guy playin speed racer in a saturn tapped his pass side 1/4 panel into my front bumper, got a new one and had it body matched.. (anti chrome)

cross drilled/slotted rotors w/stock pads.. made a slight improvement in fade :waytogo: went through calipers and hit em with some duplicolor wheel paint.. wheel bearing grease repack..

Balljoint flip 3/3

got rear ended, friends at the body shop shaved tailgate handle, body matched bumper, shaved lines under window and a solid rear window swap, all emblems removed.. they even painted the license light housings also..
Before:

After: (note: was using the slider window gasket until solid window gasket came in)

Went back to stock height because the suspension geometry was horrible..
I figured I'd just park next to lifted vehicles to look lowered :waytogo:

Replaced clutch, turns out the rivit was letting go, luckily it was on the pp side..

Custom smoked interior.. (notice proper window gasket)

Rear ended 12-14-06

I think I won? His caliper went out (notice brake fluid puddle)

Truck goes into the shop on the 30th so it basically looks like picture #14 again..
Till then, I've got my truck on antibiotics so it doesn't get an infection..

·
Premium Member
6,122 Posts
I started of with a 2000 tacoma 2.4L sorry i dont have a picture of what it started with but let me tell you it was my dads old work truck and it was freaken beat. I bet it was washed once a year if lucky twice and hes a smoker:puke: so there was residue crap on the white metal and it looked YELLOW. But when it was handed to me I went through it and scrubbed the hell out of it. once i was done you couldent even tell a smoker was in it. It was washed once a week when i drove it.:waytogo:

Heres a picture of the truck when i was done with it just before i sold it.
(i still miss it a little):cry:

mods that were done- Intake, throttlebody spacer, downey headers, Flowmaster dropped at the rear axel, Removed the AAL, Lowered 2" infront, 4" in rear so it would sit level, Snug top Tonneau cover, Clear corners, Stole 01 wheels of moms work truck, Custom stereo w/ Custom sub box to fit behind seat so i would not loose leg room.

Current truck (love it but hate gas mileage)

i bought it with some mods already done to save money. Heres what i bought it with
Custom Bumper w/ lightforce lights, 33" BFG a/t, Procomp rock crawler wheels, Line x bedliner, sony head unit, SAW 2.0 coilovers, Deaver 7 packs, Glassworks fenders in front, flowmaster exhaust dropped at rear axle

What i have done to it personally- Replaced headunit with pioneer w/ ipod adapter, infinity amp, 12" kick sub, custom box that i stole the design from Chris D.(thanks), tinted the windows, pulled deaver do to sagging(waiting for a good paycheck to get them rebuilt and a leaf added), Airaid intake tube, Airaid throttlebody spacer, K&N filter, Deckmod, i know im missing something just dont remember

Sorry i dont have pictures for both of the trucks as i did work to them

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
August '03 - Bought my taco from a really old guy. Wasn't my first choice (i wanted a prerunner xtra cab) but my dad was the one paying for it. Plus it only had 18k!

Oh yeah i don't have a picture, but it had a humback campershell on it.

Feb '04 - Took camber shell off and got a uws toolbox

October '04 - Got my lift and new wheels/tires

March '05 Added Body Lift and tried on a 32" tire and fender flairs

May '05 - New Fullbody paintjob paid by insurance from hurricane ivan.

·
damn
6,533 Posts
wow...haha..

here we go

This is in November,2005 a few days after getting it back from the body shop from a deer collision.

tinted the windows, added a tonneau cover, clear corners and clear blinkers,carbon fiber tails

diamond cut headlights

Ivan Stewart wheels with good year forterras

herculined the bed

Custom hood ornament

kinda blurry, but theres a line of fire on the back

Thats how it sits today

..for the winter

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
So after re-reading this thread this morning without alcohol influencing my brain and liver, I realized that Minh's posting of his Integra threw me off as to the what content was to be expected out of this thread. My bad guys, awesome trucks though. :lol: :drinking:

·
Registered
370 Posts
First started off with my dads 1991 pickup.

then i crashed it. then i got my s-runner

got some rims.

then my friend crashed it.:rolleyes:

thern he let me borrow his 300zx. then i crashed it. drunk chick hit me

then got da truck fixed and got dis.

then tint and lowered

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think it's really interesting to see what people had before they got their tacoma. :waytogo:

·
Registered
56 Posts
started out with this truck

2001 tacoma prerunner

Than before i had any time to mod it a trucker cut me off... (last week) and now it looks like this

Starting fresh with a 2005 tacoma

Haveing some fun.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts

where can i get one of these for my bumper? :shrug: looks pretty cool... i wanna call it a bullbar??? srry i cant remember what there called :doah: lol but anyone got a site i can look at?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts