Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,290 Posts
The most important thing to check is to find out why this truck has a salvage title. A salvage title means somebody wrote off this truck as a total loss and it has been rebuilt to the point it can be legally titled again.

Consider the junk / questionable vehicles that are still legally being driven on the road. At some point this truck was considered worse than them.

You need to find out the story of this truck before even considering spending almost $30,000 on it.

Why was it written off? Crashed? Burned up? Flooded / Submerged?

How was it repaired / rebuilt / cleaned up? Who did it - a reliable shop, or someone fixing it up just enough to legally re-sell it?

Unless you can get the full story and assure yourself this truck has been fully and reliably restored, my advice is to look elsewhere for your dream truck. You don't want to spend that much money and then have your dream turn into a nightmare.

Be careful - be very, very careful.

Reactions: frangfruipojg

·
Mambeau / Admin
48,290 Posts
The body damage visible in the photo doesn't match the fact (per the vehicle report) the estimated cost to repair this truck was over $30,000. There are no clues as to what the "rear end" damage was.

The high cost to repair estimate makes me suspicious the collision trashed something deeper than what you can see in the photo (e.g., the engine, driveline, frame, etc.).

Speaking only for myself I wouldn't even consider buying this truck without knowing everything that was damaged and what's been done to correct those damages (or not). Bear in mind that a salvage title doesn't mean everything was fixed. It only means enough was fixed to make the truck roadworthy enough to legally sell.

That's my two cents' worth ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts