Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I consider it a great privilege to be amongst Toyota Tacoma users and enthusiasts! I look forward to learning and contributing to this Customtacos,
In the meantime, I found this 2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport. It has been my dream to own it, and I think I just found a perfect opportunity to make that happen.

Some things that I will be looking out for during my inspection today:
noises in the engine
check transmission for slips jolts etc
verify all electrics / features / lights,
coolant or oil leaks
They are asking for the price of $28,995 and it has 20100 miles with a Salvage Title.
If you guys have any suggestions on what to look at.
thanks
Vehicle registration plate Car Plant Vehicle Grille

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The most important thing to check is to find out why this truck has a salvage title. A salvage title means somebody wrote off this truck as a total loss and it has been rebuilt to the point it can be legally titled again.

Consider the junk / questionable vehicles that are still legally being driven on the road. At some point this truck was considered worse than them.

You need to find out the story of this truck before even considering spending almost $30,000 on it.

Why was it written off? Crashed? Burned up? Flooded / Submerged?

How was it repaired / rebuilt / cleaned up? Who did it - a reliable shop, or someone fixing it up just enough to legally re-sell it?

Unless you can get the full story and assure yourself this truck has been fully and reliably restored, my advice is to look elsewhere for your dream truck. You don't want to spend that much money and then have your dream turn into a nightmare.

Be careful - be very, very careful.
UPADATE
Thanks for your suggestion, Before I set a appointment for the inspection and go any further, thanks to you guys for the concerned raised here, I decide to get the VIN CHECK, I recommend you guys to get the report from here it's cheap!, So I found the auction records on this vehicle
I found that
Primary DamageSide
Secondary DamageRear End
The damage doesn't look that serious, but what do you guys think, is it worth the price or a pass?

Here is the link to the report: Get Instant Vehicle History Report
Car Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Sky

1 - 2 of 2 Posts