Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
So just a second opinion. Collision repair is not cheap. Collision repair done by oem certified techs is even more expensive. So photos show a vehicle that could be totaled by the insurance company instead of spending money on repair costs. As a Collision tech myself. The question that arises is not has it been repaired but did it have structural damage that was covered up. A person can replace some outer sheet metal and make something look good and the inner rocker (that is a structural component ) can be covered and never seen again. I have replaced those inner components before at an insurances expense and it is slow and makes a good repair in the end. I have also rebuilt totals on the side and had people pay me to hide and cover up major damage internally (or straighten metal that the oem says can not be repaired for strength reasons).Only way I would spend big money on something like that is if I bought it wrecked and had a reputable person I know do the repairs so I know it's fixed safely.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts