Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
the main reason I didnt go with the d2 is that it won't play dvds..you have to get a seperate dvd player

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
thumper4863 said:
the main reason I didnt go with the d2 is that it won't play dvds..you have to get a seperate dvd player
not wholly true.....ground the stranded pin in the back of the harness and that should put it into bench-test mode and play your DVD's. I haven't tried it yet, but it's been confirmed by several people.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well after a lot of research I found that it doesn't play dvds...grounding the harness just allows you to change your poi without pulling the parking brake. I may be wrong but I didnt want to spend the $ when i read post after post of people that did have them and they still wouldn't play dvds after mod after mod.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
i think you're referring to grounding the light green wire that is supposed to be linked to your parking brake. doing that will allow you to navigate your nav menus while the car is in motion. i'm talking about a pin in the harness that has no wire attached to it. if you look at the harness, you'll notice that every pin but that one in the corner is attached to a wire. check it out....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts