Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Pics of the set-up on my old truck:

Randy Ellis light bar w/ Hella fog lamps. That set-up worked very well, I am actually getting ready to do something similiar on my 2006 Tacoma.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Bazzy, how'd you change the turn signals into fog lights and have them be so bright? I've seen them changed with just clear bulbs that were constantly on but they weren't that bright. That is a great looking setup. If you could let me know about the fog lights and the turn signal mod, that would be awesome.

·
ChocoTaco
2,491 Posts
they're driving lights but same difference.... :D

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
For the turn signals, it's easy. I took the bulbs and sockets from the bumper and brought them up to the corner lights. Then connected the parking light wire into the 3rd hole in the bumper socket. Drilled the hole bigger with a dremel, and sealed them in place.

For the new fog lights i made some custom brackets and set them in place. I had been in a previous accident and had to get a new lower bumper valance and didn't buy the signal housings. I wish i would have so it could have looked OEM. It's pretty close, i'll take a day pic tomorrow :) It's been raining here a TON (water up to my door with 6" of total lift tonight) so i've been putting them to use! They're super bright and super wide. They're worth the $200 price tag.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks Bazzy. A daytime pic would be good just so I can see what it looks like. I've been thinking of making my turn signals into fogs and have been looking at my options. Still want to keep it stock looking. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Well if you have dremel skills, you can definitely make your bumper lights hold these things. Drill out the back and set these in. I had to mount them with custom made brackets (attaches from mounting holes drilled in the back of the chrome part of the front bumper to the supplied brackets)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm trying to avoid the whole light bar idea. Rather get some slim quality foglights and jam them somewhere. Just trying to get some ideas.

·
Registered
11,619 Posts
Some of the slimmer lamps can be mounted directly onto the space on the bumper in front of the grille. You could mount it behind the grille, but you'd need a mesh aftermarket grille. You could also mount it on the hood or on/in the valance.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,677 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts