Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. i've been lurking around for a few months. I'm on TN too. i like this site alot. especially since it has an xrunner forum.
anyways, i've been debating on doing the black painted rim mod. but i want to do it a little different i think. ok. lemme see if i can explain my idea .
the xr's have 5 star rims. i want to do black and red. red on the two little lips on each leg of the star,and black everywhere else. i'll probably paint the toyota emblem on the center cap red also. dont know if that will make sense to any of yall,but i tried.lol..
i dont know how to use photoshop at all,so i'm asking for help here. i searched b4 i asked,and didnt find what i'm lookin for. any help is greatly appreciated. i see this mod in my mind,but would like to see it with my eyes b4 i get too brave and just do it...lol...
thanx again, and any opinions are appreciated too!!! just looking for some more non bank account draining mods..and i've found a few on CT that i have never seen on TN.... thanx... HELIMX

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hope this is what you meant. It's sh*tty, and not a big effort on my part, but you get what you pay for. ;)

If you need a pic with more truck, I can upload a less cropped version of this picture.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DWTACOMA018 said:
Welcome to CT helimx

you did a nice job on the rims it looks so sick

that's more or less what i meant,thanx! i'm definately doing the black rim mod, and i'll decide if i'm gonna do the red too. i'll post pics when i get em done. thanx again!!

·
Registered
533 Posts
No prob. I gotta say, I actually like that color scheme on the stock rim. I just started doing it out of curiosity, and then as I got more of it done, it caught my eye, and I just kept going with it. I didn't put almost any time into it, so sorry for the poor quality, but I think you get the idea.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya i'm kinda into tha black and red color scheme. my xr is red,i wanted a black one,but they didnt have it in black,so they made me a helluva deal.. i have a red and black buell motorcycle,red and black tattoos, ya,kinda been stuck on it for a while...lol.. i think i've decided to go ahead and do the red and black mod! i'll start it once i get settled into my new place(moving to oklahoma tommorow) if anyone has any suggestions,or opinions, lemme know! thanx again. HELIMX

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
K2_02 said:
Don't do it. It's ghetto. Go buy new rims if you're dying to have something unique.
i really like the style of the stock rims, especially once i lower it. and i also have a 100,000 mile warranty on my tires. so if i get custom rims,even if they are the same size,my warranty will be voided. and last time i checked,the tires were about 200$ (i may be wrong so dont flame that part of this post)a piece. so new rims are kinda outta the question. unless you wanna send me a couple grand to pay for em??? :looney:
that,and i need a new project to mess around with. but hey,you have a rite to your own opinon. so thanx!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
pr_xrunner said:
:doah: :puke:
Seems like you're just posting to become a post whore.
Why did you put your name in the Group Buy if you were really not interested :mad:

05x-runner said:
ok here it is friday morning still no word from pr_xrunner or ruffryder.
im about to rite you since you cant seem to contact me i arange payment options. so wee need 2 more covers to cmplete this order. 2 more to go it pisses me off that these other 2 cant even respond to emails or pms or further more call me. thanks again nick

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:funnyup:
Scratchy said:
Seems like you're just posting to become a post whore.
Why did you put your name in the Group Buy if you were really not interested :mad:
thread jacker...lol....:funnyup: :nana:

just f#*ing with ya!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts