Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Performance Chips you guys recommend? Do you recommend any from ebay? Brands like White Lighting Performance Module, The Juice Box, Fuel Maxx, Chronic Power Chip, Pro Maxx Performance, Precision Engineered. Any Advice, I want to get a little more power, for cheap

·
This Space For Rent
1,544 Posts
Power and cheap are mutually exclusive, you can have one or the other, not both. Those eBay chips are a ripoff, don't get one.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
sorry to be so brunt about this, especially if you havent quite learned to search around a bit here cause ur new

but the cheapest way of getting some power would be to park in your driveway and buy a poster of what it would look like driving fast and stick it in your window. Anything that's like a chip or something that claims to help you is total b/s...

there are some easy things you can do to notice either increased MPG or HP or both that arent bank breaking, so look around a bit, search, and you'll come up with some stuff! :)

Any of the basic naturally aspirated engine mods that allows for free'er air flow to start

·
Registered
91 Posts
the only two available are the URD and Unichip, i personally have a unichip and its treated me well, no complaints except i dont have a tuner in my area, they might still be having their garage sale, check out their site, they have dyno's and lots of info http://www.unichip.us/index.asp#GarageSale
what kind of power or milage gains have you seen? i would like to know/hear from someone who has one before i drop several hundered dollars

J

·
0 Posts
Cheap power... If you have stock airbox & filter, do deckplate mod ($?), then try K&N filter (about $40).. If you're not concerned about lots of wet getting in, cut a huge hole in the front of the airbox (that'll let some air in)..

BTW> not kidding.. I dropped a K&N in the box, then cut nearly the entire front wall off the box... not a bad improvement for $40 + an hour's labor. The rubber matting on the side was an addon I did to help prevent hot air.. did not change anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
what kind of power or milage gains have you seen? i would like to know/hear from someone who has one before i drop several hundered dollars
I've done my milage a few times and it always comes to right around 20 MPG, with a good mix to city and highway, as far as power im not sure of the actual numbers but i definately felt it. i'd like to get a dyno but they are just too expensive

i think they have a return policy if your not satisfied, the only downsides are i have to run premium right now and there are no tuners in my area like i stated before, hopefully whenever the new powerflux module comes out it will take care of some of those issues

1 - 9 of 9 Posts