Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today after looking at my pedals and their assemblages I noticed the gas and clutch are 1 piece plastic... Which makes it a little more difficult to find a set of nicer looking pedals to toss on there in place.

What has anyone else done, and can I, if at all, change the assemblages from plastic to metal?

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts
Re: Pedals !?!

There are ones that just fit OVER the stockers... They're generic stuff tough, not XR specific... I personally don't recommend those, but I know Ian has a set on his truck... I'll PM him and see if he can help you out...

P.S. A thread like this might see more help in the interior section for future reference...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks for the tip, figured since I was an X, the other X'ers could help me out.

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts

Yeap, but the Pre / 4x4 guys have the same pedals... But I msged Ian for you... We'll see what he says :waytogo:

·
Registered
344 Posts

Minor drilling. Momo Italy. I like them. I think they look good, but some people dont like the way they look. Its a lot of fun to drive barefoot. :waytogo:

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts

I purchased the OBX from TRD parts. They are pretty cheap, but actually look decent once installed. They're made of aluminum and simply slip on the pedals.

·
Premium Member
10,387 Posts

Hey guys did either of your sets come with the dead pedal?

I saw Ian's install in person, it looks stock... His clutch has that weird problem but other than that they were solid... I like the momo stuff too... :waytogo:

·
Registered
378 Posts

TacoDub said:
Minor drilling. Momo Italy. I like them. I think they look good, but some people dont like the way they look. Its a lot of fun to drive barefoot. :waytogo:
Those look nice!

·

TacoDub said:
Nice setup man

·
Registered
5,472 Posts

ian01 said:
I purchased the OBX from TRD parts. They are pretty cheap, but actually look decent once installed. They're made of aluminum and simply slip on the pedals.
How are these...are they pretty grippy with the rubber on them are do your feet slip off them alot...I liked these and was wondering if they have good traction on them.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,885 Posts

Check this July 2005 thread for pics, comments, etc., on pedal sets CT-zens have installed ...

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45317

Tacoma accelerator pedal pads have been plastic for a long time. They hold a bolt-on pedal cover just fine.

There are multiple ways aftermarket pedal sets get attached, ranging from slip-on to clip-on to bolt-on. The serious sets (e.g., racing sets from Sparco, MOMO, and OMP) all bolt on.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,885 Posts

00yota4x4 said:
How are these...are they pretty grippy with the rubber on them are do your feet slip off them alot...I liked these and was wondering if they have good traction on them.
At least in years past, the 'accessory' OBX slip-ons have gotten mixed reviews. There've been complaints about the difficulty of getting them properly installed. There was one guy at another forum (YotaTech?) who had problems with them staying in place. By and large, though, they've gotten good reviews.

·
I love you Rachel Marie
3,360 Posts

00yota4x4 said:
My truck came with the OBX pedals and shift knob.. 00 they are pretty "grippy" Ive never had my feet slip off even when my shoe's were wet

·
il padrino
5,165 Posts

I have the Sparcos on mine (as per the thread Randy posted). And have had no problems.
I put the OBX pedals on my wife's Celica and have zero problems. They fit so thight going on I'd have a hard time believing they's slip off easily.
Nither set are slippery when wet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts