Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 extra cab..

the black plastic dog bone looking deal cracked and now the window can flap around when opened..

anyone have a part number handy?
also, do I remove these by just driving the pin out or what? :shrug:
I'm hoping the parts department is open tomorrow..
heres a picture..

Attachments

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
damn Chris... i hope you get an answer... i need the exact same part that you do, as mine just broke yesterday. :doah:

on the plus side, i can fit the pieces together, and my window still locks.

not bad though... this is the very first, and only problem that my truck has ever had. :waytogo:

dave

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it broke just like mine, it takes very little effort to pop it open..
You could actually pop it open with your finger nail or just tap on the window a little bit to pop it..

I'm sure they'll have a break down to get the right part..
I'll complete this post tomorrow if parts is open.

:)

·
Registered
11,619 Posts
There's the 01-02 parts list in the FAQ or TECH (forgot which) section, but I've often found that it doesn't match with what trdparts4u.com tells me.

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so does anyone know how to remove/replace these?

I glanced at it to assess the part I needed, I didn't really dive into it..
I didn't see any screw or hex heads on it.. drive it out with a punch?

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
I've changed both of mine. There was a post where I put the part numbers but I don't know what happened to it. It Disappeared.

Well anyway technically you are supposed to remove the side panel to get access to the screws. But what i did is use like a 3 inch C clamp, a socket and a small torx bit. I pressed the old one out. Pressed the new one apart and pressed it all back together again if that makes sense. Oh I used a little of my detailing clay to hold the socket and bit to the clamp and some lube on the pins so I was not pushing them in dry.

Hope this helps

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,553 Posts
Here (attached) is a diagram of the parts (with part numbers) ....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Both of mine broke and I never use them. I was cleaning the window so I popped them out and "snap".

I replaced both of them when I had my cab plastics apart when I was deadening my truck.

Now, I NEVER open those windows. Toyota should really do something about this issue because my replacement hinges were exactly the same as the broken ones.

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got back from the rapership..

for the gray interior version of the lock assy part no. 62910-35032-B0

It cost $41.83 out the door
This is for the entire latch assy tho, not the little piece that broke.

The parts guy said there wasn't a part number for just that dog bone piece..
This is by far a piece that should have been made from steel or aluminum or something along those lines..

He had a beige one on hand a I got to look at, so I opened it up and that dog bone looks as tho its designed to fail.. its a truely crappy design..

For something that has to lock and have constant pressure on it when closed,
BOO TOYOTA ENGINEERS!!!

none of those other parts would fail on the assy..
I want a cnc machine dammit :)

·
re-TRD-ed
951 Posts
Same thing happened to my left rear window. I think it was broken by the tinting shop but I didnt notice until after a few months. I was lucky to get the entire latch assembly from a guy on TTORA, there is always someone on that site parting out an interior or a whole truck due to a off roading rollover .

·
Registered
69 Posts
I replaced mine as the PO had a break-in and it snapped in the same place. You have to replace the whole latch as the dogbone is not available separately. I don't recall how much it was, got it from Toyota of Dallas (TRDParts4U). Like momotaro, I also replaced mine when dampening and have opened those windows maybe once. Have fun pulling the back of the cab out just to get to two bolts...

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
If you have the part that broke off then just gorilla glue it or something. Thats what im going to do.(Gorilla glue will probably be stronger than the replacement part) It doesnt seem worth it to tear everything out for that little piece. Might as well save urself the time and money:shrug:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts