Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The weatherstrip that contacts the outside perimeter of the drivers and passenger side windows has become hard and is no longer sealing properly. I searched a bunch of websites trying to find a replacement but all I can find is the door weatherseal and the lower window seal. Does anyone know the part number or where I can get these seals? I'm sick of the smelly carpet!

1998 Tacoma, 2.4L, Regular Cab

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,553 Posts
What model year and cab style? The door windows or the XtraCab / Access Cab rear side windows?

:shrug:

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,553 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I think the parts I'm looking for are 62382-04030 and 62381-04030, it's the rubber strip that goes along the top part of the window and is what seals it when the window is rolled up. Pretty sure my door seals are still fine because they look fine and are very pliable, the rubber strip that seals the top of the window is stiff. Is that normal?

Yesterday I noticed there was condensation inside the truck, windshield and inside the windows after a rain storm. Driver's side carpet is wet and clearly shows sign of an existing leak.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,553 Posts
You might also want to check the drain line from your HVAC unit (behind / beneath the lower center dash). If that gets plugged up, it can cause a leak inside the cab (to the floor; beneath the dash ... ) which matches the symptoms you describe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How can I identify the drain? I haven't used the A/C in quite a while as we're having excellent weather here in NC, I would think not using the system would decrease the chances of there being condensation in the drain?

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,553 Posts
OK ... If you haven't been using the HVAC, there's less chance it could be the drain. It's a simple hose that runs through the firewall.

Speaking of which ... Did these symptoms show up after driving through water? The drain hose has been known to fall out / fall off, leaving a hole in the firewall through which water can leak.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, this problem exists only during a rainstorm or foggy mornings. I noticed that after the last rainstorm, the floor mats weren't wet, however, the carpet underneath was. I have rubber floor mats installed. My door seals look fine and the tools close tightly, no wind noise at speed. Just bought new window weatherstips to see if that fixes the issue before I replace the carpet.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,553 Posts
One other thing comes to mind ... Have you checked the drain holes in the bottom of the doors? If those get clogged it can lead to leakage that tends to soak the carpets rather than the mats.

Just a thought ...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
That's a good idea! I'll check the drain holes at the bottom of the doors and see what I find.

This has been an issue for a while, even before I bought the truck, the carpet under the floor mats is brown with stains. The passenger side looks better, but still stinks. I'm planning on buying new carpets anyway, but would like to get the leak fixed first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts