Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if some one can tell me how to tighten the parking brake on my '95 Tacoma. I left my truck in nuetral the other day on a very slight slope with the parking brake on a my truck rolled backwards like the brakes were barely on. I know the brake works because you can feel it, it's just that it doesn't squeeze the rear drums hard enough.

Can I get a little help?

Thanks,

·
Registered
71 Posts
i realize nobody has responded yet, well here you go, make sure parking brake isnt set, now go under the driver side of hte truck (if your lowered get it enough in the air you can get in there) now you will see a J arm like bracket with a cable and a pull line there, loosen up the bolt and adjust it accordingly. check ebrake again and make sure its not sticking or grabbing while ebrake is off. this should fix it. any more questions or if you need a pic email me..

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I finally went out and got myself a haynes repair manual and I was able to take care of the problem just fine.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Were did you get this manual? Is it specifically for Tacoma's? I could sure use one. Oh, thanks for the pic too.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So did the picture help you at all?

I got the manual at AutoZone but I imagine you can get one at any major autoparts store and it covers Tacomas (95-00), 4Runners (96-00), and T100's (93-98). The manuals cost around $12-$15. It's a great thing to have if you like to do things yourself.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Yeah, the pic was good help. I didn't have a chance to do it cause i was messing around with my speakers. I'll see if i can get the book in a few days here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts