Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my parking bake light stays on in my 93 pick up... i read recent post where someone unhooked the parking brake light.... is there any way i could get around doing that and still have the problem solved?

thanks!

·
Registered
952 Posts
try using the search forum. sorry... I don't want to sound like a d*ck. Either the fluid or the switch underneathe the dash is not getting deactivated (pushed in) when you put the e-brake in the release position.

-Paul:waytogo:

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
OR occassionally it means that the pads in your brake drums are worn down but those things last forever especially since 90% of braking power is up front. I will bet my bottom dollar your fluid is low though

·
Team Canada
5,122 Posts
no no, man, happens to me all the time - the cable underneath the driver door (almost middle of the chassis) gets stuck and binds, keeping the cable engaged. Check that!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had the same problem with my 99 taco.... I had the rear brakes cleaned and adjusted and the brake light went away.

Like others have said... check your brake fluid first.!

:waytogo:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well... i firgured out what the problem was... sure enough my brake fluid was low... i didnt think it would be because i just had a whole brake system installed about 5 months ago or so... but i filled it up and the light is off now!

thanks guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts