Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,867 Posts
I don't know whether the same parts were used on both 2.4L 2RZ and 2.7L 3RZ ignition systems in those two model years. My first guess would be 'yes', but I can't prove it ...

I'm really confident you can't use any ignition parts from the 5VZ (V6).

·
Registered
19 Posts
No ... A 1991 Toyota Pickup (22-RE) and a 1996 Tacoma (3RZ) are two entirely different trucks.

Here's some more bad news about trying to get parts off a '98 or '00 model ...

Don't waste you time on '98 - '00 parts. You need to focus on parts from a 1995.5 or 1996 3RZ 4-cylinder.

The ignition setup was changed to an electronic ignition for the 1997 model year - no distributor and two ignition coils each controlling two cylinders. You can't find direct swap-out parts for a 1996 3RZ ignition system from trucks sold in 1997 onward.

Another 1997 change ... The scheme for the ECM reading the TPS was changed. I have no idea whether the TPS unit changed for 1997 onward, so I can't verify whether you can use a TPS from a 1997+ model.
Hello so can I put a 96 2wd ecu thats not a 2.7 in my car if mines is 4x4 do you know please let me know asap

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,867 Posts
As far as I know, the answer is 'No.'

ECM's are vehicle specific, and there is no 1996 4-cylinder ECM cross-listed for both a 5-lug 2RZ and a 6-lug 3RZ.

·
Registered
19 Posts

ECM's are vehicle specific, and there is no 1996 4-cylinder ECM cross-listed for both a 5-lug 2RZ and a 6-lug 3RZ.
Hey so I was putting ac pro in my car and found a leak might be whats causing car to die when ac turned on the hose leak is near drivers headlight never seen that before

·
Registered
19 Posts

I fixed my truck all I had to do was get a starter to battery cable and put it on negative terminal to firewall I seen that my toyota firewall ground was not there and after doing some research I fixed p1300 code now my car can drive when engine is cold and no more stalling 🙏🏼 This is for anyone that needs help for the code if its not the igniter🤗 I just want to thank god for everything because I was so close to buying a brand new igniter and was thinking of a oem one also but when you have the lord by your side you will always be taken care of😌

41 - 45 of 45 Posts