Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Waxed to Perfection
5,658 Posts
Could be a couple of things.. Bad fuel, Lack of fuel, IAC is dirty, coil pack going bad, or a bad spark plug wire. I'd go with the easiest. Bad fuel.. Did you get fuel some place different? Try adding 1 pint of 100% Rubbing Alcohol. If its water, that should get rid of it. When did you do a fuel filter last? Start with the simple stuff first..

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,865 Posts
P1300 is for an igniter circuit malfunction. If that's the right code, the problem is most likely electrical and involves the ignition system or the ECM.

it could be as simple as a transient electrical glitch - for example in the connections used for the igniter to signal the ECM that it has fired. Since you're in Arizona and it's summer, I'd suspect something is heating up and either losing connection or maybe shorting.

Here (attached) is the 2000 (same generation) 5VZ FSM section on P1300.

Attachments

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,865 Posts
So ..... Does that mean everything's fine now? :shrug:

:evil:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update,still all good.
What all did you do to fix your issue? I'm having the same problem I believe. I grabbed a whole used distributer and the problem went away for a bit but when I romp on my truck it sometimes comes back. But it's almost like full ignition loss

·
Registered
19 Posts
My 96 tacoma will start snd stall when I put ac on or headlights only on a cold start the cel code p1300 comes I already replaced the ignition igniter should I sand down the grounding

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,865 Posts
My 96 tacoma will start snd stall when I put ac on or headlights only on a cold start the cel code p1300 comes I already replaced the ignition igniter should I sand down the grounding
I'm assuming this is a 2RZ / 3RZ (4-cylinder) - right? If so ...

Your igniter grounds to ground point EB, locating somewhere around your throttle body. That's the ground connection you should check.

Here (attached) is the 1996 4-cylinder ignition / starting circuit diagram.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm assuming this is a 2RZ / 3RZ (4-cylinder) - right? If so ...

Your igniter grounds to ground point EB, locating somewhere around your throttle body. That's the ground connection you should check.

Here (attached) is the 1996 4-cylinder ignition / starting circuit diagram.
Yes its the 3rz 2.7 engine so theres another ground near throttle body, are you talking about the tps I will try to look for the other ground I had no idea it connect to a EB ground I will let you know if I find it if you have a pic of the ground can you send me it much appreciated brother 🙏🏼

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,865 Posts
I don't have a pic of the ground point. The OEM ground wire should be solid brown in color.

I'm not talking about the TPS (TPS = Throttle Position Sensor).

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't have a pic of the ground point. The OEM ground wire should be solid brown in color.

I'm not talking about the TPS (TPS = Throttle Position Sensor).
Okay so its not like the ignition igniter which is ground on the frame its just a wire right

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,865 Posts
Okay so its not like the ignition igniter which is ground on the frame its just a wire right
According to the circuit diagram the igniter grounds via a wire connection to ground point EB.

If it grounded at its mounting the diagram should illustrate that and the Ground Point summary should mention it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
According to the circuit diagram the igniter grounds via a wire connection to ground point EB.

If it grounded at its mounting the diagram should illustrate that and the Ground Point summary should mention it.
Okay I think I found it it is grounded with a bolt so if I test it what should it read at do you know I appreciate you so much 🙏🏼

1 - 20 of 45 Posts